Froyo in Europe

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll believe it when I see it. Verizon will be the last carrier to be pushing this update out. I bet the new Continuum gets it before the Fascinate.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the captivate got it officially?

we're going to be the last to get it (last device released + verizon's crazy approval process + they have to bloat it up and bing it out)

but once the source is released we should be able to get a flashable hacked version running well before verizon (most likely based on the mesmerize dump)

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure the captivate didnt get it; by the sound of their forums there was some sort of update but anyone with a modded phone can't get it to work and anyone who has gotten it to work hasnt come forward to say what it is.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
When i was at the VZW store getting a second desk charger for my phone for work, I mentioned that I was waiting for 2.2 to come out so i could use the back AUX port on the dock. The lady waiting on me claimed 2.2 was already out. When she checked with her co-worker after I told her there was nothing said anywhere about that, he said End of November is the date he was told.... So we have a word from Verizon "rep"...not that that is ever reliable...

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
What are the chances that after froyo we ever see gingerbread. I am assuming devices like dx are getting it and rumor is nexus one is getting it. Why wouldn't we? Its not like this is low end device by any means. Just wondering

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I hope we see Gingerbread. I have my doubts though because Verizon is horrible when it comes to updates.

Sent from my rooted, de-binged, overclocked, and de-bloated Fascinate using Tapatalk

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Per the press release by google earlier this year, the 2.x line will be maintained going forward for "lower end" smartphones (less than 1ghz cpu and 512mb ram) and the 3.x line would be for the forthcoming super-smartphones with dual cores, huge amounts of ram, GPUs, huge screens, etc. This would suggest that since they are focusing still on 2.3 (see: gingerbread man at google HQ) they plan on putting plenty of new features into 2.3 before moving on to 3.0. Then, it's just a matter of Verizon supporting it, or if need be a CDMA galaxy s leak that can be ported by the community.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The true support needs to come from Samsung. VZW would be crazy to drop support on a product when 4 brother/sister devices are also on the market. I have no doubts we will see 3.0 on the Fascinate, my only fear is will we see 3.0 on the facinate the same time the rest of the world is seeing 4.0...... ;)

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
The true support needs to come from Samsung. VZW would be crazy to drop support on a product when 4 brother/sister devices are also on the market. I have no doubts we will see 3.0 on the Fascinate, my only fear is will we see 3.0 on the facinate the same time the rest of the world is seeing 4.0...... ;)

I'm not going to worry until the Incredible is EOLed... After that we can count the days before VZ forgets about us too. Alas, they are still plugging along with that little guy so we are safe. I am not holding my breath for a revolutionary new OS in 2.3 or 3.0, I just want some of the bigger problems ironed out and I will be happy. God help them if they take the version bump opportunity to introduce more bugs than they fix...

midwestfx

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty stoked for Froyo on the Fascinate. I don't really care too much for the flash that will come with it, but more for the JIT that will help this phone run even snappier than it already does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez