Reset battery calibration without rooting

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way on the Fascinate to reset the battery calibration without rooting the phone? I just got a new battery from verizon after going into the store and complaining about the ****** battery life on this phone. I found some threads about calibrating the battery by fully charging it and then resetting the battery calibration but they all require rooting the phone. Is there any other way?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I believe the procedure you're describing is to help get the battery to read 100% at full charge, instead of 9X% like many phones do. I don't think it has any substantial impact on battery life (unless you're using a kernel with a specific battery patch).

What battery saving measures have you already taken?

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I believe the procedure you're describing is to help get the battery to read 100% at full charge, instead of 9X% like many phones do. I don't think it has any substantial impact on battery life (unless you're using a kernel with a specific battery patch).

What battery saving measures have you already taken?

Ive rooted, debloated, dedebloated, unrooted, used ATK, avoided ATK, tried every means of plugging/unplugging/airplane-on/airplane-off, *228ed, *22899ed, prayed to allah, jesus, and the flying spaghetti monster, and oh yeah my screen is set at 0% brightness 24/7.

There is apparently some sort of voltage/percentage calibration data that the phone uses to know when to start/stop charging and when to freak out about the battery being low. This is why if you charge the phone to 100% with it on and turn it off you will usually have a few extra % to go to get a "full" charge; when turned off it doesn't use that calibration and just takes the battery as high as it will go. Running the battery to it's lowest voltage is also apparently required to establish a good 0% level. What I need to know now is, is rooting the only way to zero out that calibration so it re-learns it when I fire up the new battery?

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
What I need to know now is, is rooting the only way to zero out that calibration so it re-learns it when I fire up the new battery?

You can clear it in the advanced menu of ClockworkMod recovery, which you don't need to be rooted to use. You do need to Odin flash Clockwork though, but you can re-flash the stock recovery right back afterward.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams