Gmail Calendar Sync

jorger81#AC

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm hopeful someone has this answer.....

When I add an event to my gmail calendar on my PC with my GMAIL account it syncs almost instantly with Fascinates stock calendar app. However, for the life of me I can not figure out why if I add an event in my Fascinate it will not sync to the gmail calendar on the PC.

Anyone know the answer, it is almost like there isnt two way communication and i cant find the way to change it if thats the case.

jorger81#AC

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Found my answer...thanks to google help

I am having the same issue, but there is a workaround. The problem is not that your phone isnt syncing properly, it is that the appointments entered into your Facinate aren't being entered onto your GCal. The default calendar entry is set to "My Calendar", which is the phones internal ONLY calendar. This calendar does NOT sync over, as the device seems to think it is a standalone.

The workaround:
When you FIRST go to enter a new appointment on the device, scroll down and you will see a setting called "Calendar". Click right, and it will allow you to select which calendar you are saving the appointment on (i.e. My Calendar (the default), GCal (shown as your gmail email address), FaceBook, etc.). If you change it to GCal, the appointment will sync as desired. Unfortunately, once an appointment is entered into the device, it will not allow you to change which calendar the appointment is associated with, so make sure to select the correct calendar BEFORE saving the appointment for the first time.
FYI, there does not currently seem to be a way to change the default calendar, but if I find it I will post it here

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to say I had the same experience, and that both of those things are super annoying. There is no way to force all new appointments into a certain calendar even if the calendar app is only set to display one particular one. Plus, when you do the event instant-add you don't get a choice for calendars so that feature is basically useless to any of us using an external calendar with the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2