Fascinate wont send emails

wgc19136

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Using the gmail app that came with the phone I am mreceiving emails from my Verizon acct but it either doesnt send them or they just dissappear.

In the sent box folder it shows they are sent but nobody ever gets them. I have checked and rechecked the settings and they are correct.

Any insight would be great or is this just another bug we have to wait for the update to get resolved?

Bill

Rebelvis

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this is exactly your issue, but I'll throw it out there. When I first got the phone I hurriedly set-up my regular comcast e-mail and my new g-mail account on the phone. Bear in mind this was all done with the stock e-mail application. Not really thinking it through, I set up the comcast account as "default." The phone downloaded e-mails from both accounts nicely and all was well until I decided to SEND an e-mail. The outgoing e-mail would just sit in the outgoing box and never send. Realizing my mistake, I made the g-mail account the default account, deleted the original out-going e-mail and tried again. To my annoyance, the e-mail STILL sat in the out-going box and would never send.

I was just about ready to seek help on this forum, but as a last resort, I decided to delete the g-mail account from the stock e-mail program and and re-enter the account from scratch making sure it was the default. This worked and has ever since. So again, I'm not sure if this is your exact problem but, if it is you might try this.

wgc19136

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that's not my problem.

My emails actually send. They are not listed in my outgoing box but in my sent folder.

The problem is they are never received by anybody.

My Verizon acct is the only one I have listed using the email app that came with it.

Should I have the gmail acct listed on there also or is it OK with just the Verizon acct by itself?

Thanks again

Bill

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze