Rebooting

mstr_pixel

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Every now and again my fascinate starts to act a little goofy. Things like running slowly or like this morning when the four icons on the bottom of the screen were each showing as an X. If I do a battery pull things go back to normal. I'd just like to reboot without having to take the phone out of the case and taking the back cover off. Is there a control to reboot?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
You shouldn't have to be rebooting in the first place. Any task killers running? Use the built in task manager and see how may programs are running, and how much RAM is left. Sounds like something is sucking your resources.

Powering off the phone and back on is essentially the same as pulling the battery (were you coming from a BlackBerry?).

Destination Moon

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
If your running a third party launcher I have found that stopping the launcher with the built in task manager will get things working again. Its much faster since you don't need to wait for the phone to reboot.

mstr_pixel

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Launcher Pro Plus so I guess i'll try restarting that. I really don't mind rebooting since my last phone was a Blackberry Storm which was a very slow boot. the fascinate boots rather quickly.

ulfius#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I had a Storm as well, and dreaded the 5+ min reboots. For my Fascinate, I just hold down the power button, then select Power Off. Wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.