It's official - It's going back

Buckhorn24

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
From what I was reading, I had a feeling that the Galaxy S was the first generation of their phones and bigger, brighter, fancier ones were on the way (aren't they always). Been using it for relatively free for the past few weeks, and do like it to an extent, but it's going back to Best Buy next weekend before the 30 days are up. Was getting real tired of the gps issue, waiting on 2.2, lag, and the whole bloated Bing thing. Plus, who knows what else will roll out around the holidays/first of next year. Great time to be a gadget junkie.

Exclusive: Samsung 'flagship' phone with Gingerbread and huge display coming in early 2011 -- Engadget

HTC Mecha / Incredible HD pictured for Verizon with a fancy '4G' symbol -- Engadget

egg_head

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm content with my Fascinate for now. It's been awesome so far.
If something awesome comes out in 2011, I can always buy retail and sell Fascinate to offset cost.
You have to pay to play.
You can't live in a subsidized world if you want to stay cutting edge.

[tapatalk on android]

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm content with my Fascinate for now. It's been awesome so far.
If something awesome comes out in 2011, I can always buy retail and sell Fascinate to offset cost.
You have to pay to play.
You can't live in a subsidized world if you want to stay cutting edge.

[tapatalk on android]

That's what I do! :D
Too many phones and not enough hands!!! I use them till I get bored with them and then sell and get the next new and great device. I have the SF and the X right now and I switch back and fourth with.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
As far as bing, lag and bloat. There are ways around that. So don't let that stop you from using this phone. And 2.2 is supposed to be here pretty soon, end of this month, beginning of dec.

But your correct with the fact that every six months there is something better, faster and lighter. That's just the way technology is.

Sent from my 1.1ghz Voodoo'd Fascinate

Reactions: redlinetsi

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I saw that article too. So the phone will come out "early next year", which probably really translates into sometime in q2. Then how long for a carrier to get it out? I would assume Verizon would take their sweet time to hack it up at least a little.

I bet you dont see this phone until sept/oct at the earliest (oddly enough, same time Fascinate came out this year), so you are looking at a year.

Id rather have my Fascinate for a year before jumping ship for a possible better phone sometime next year (and of course, by sept/oct next year there will be another announcement for a better phone coming in early 2012)

Im within my 30 day return period too and cant see myself jumping ship.

Reactions: redlinetsi

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy I only have to wait a year until I can upgrade.

I'm within my return window but will be keeping my Fascinate. I want to see how all of the 2011 devices compare to each other before I get something "next-gen".

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Gihmley#AC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Gadget Junkies don't subsidize...

That's what I do! :D
Too many phones and not enough hands!!! I use them till I get bored with them and then sell and get the next new and great device. I have the SF and the X right now and I switch back and fourth with.

I'm with you, I do the same thing. I change my phone as often as every three months, and I do what another poster suggested. I just pay full price for the device of my choice, and then sell the old one with accessories on Ebay.

My Fascinate, though, will be staying with me for a while. 2.2 will eventually show up, and when it does, with the car and desk docks being so well designed, it'll be the best of the bunch, IMHO.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you, I do the same thing. I change my phone as often as every three months, and I do what another poster suggested. I just pay full price for the device of my choice, and then sell the old one with accessories on Ebay.

Same here, except I keep my phone instead of putting it on eBay because you never know when you (or a family member) might need to use a phone because something happened to theirs. Plus I like to keep them as test devices when doing development.

If you budget 20 bucks a week or so, you'll almost have enough to buy a new phone every few months. Now if I could only do that with cars...