Desktop cradle and app for use as night clock

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried using it as a clock at night with the cradle app? I set the brightness to 0 and in the dark on the night mode of the screen its still quite bright. I had tasker set it so that the screen stayed on when it was plugged in and the cradle app on. I thought this might be great for traveling, but its just so darn bright! :eek: Anyone else notice this?

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried using it as a clock at night with the cradle app? I set the brightness to 0 and in the dark on the night mode of the screen its still quite bright. I had tasker set it so that the screen stayed on when it was plugged in and the cradle app on. I thought this might be great for traveling, but its just so darn bright! :eek: Anyone else notice this?

This may not be what you're looking for.. but the JT Super Clean ROM comes with a different Clock app, which has a built-in Dock mode... Once the Dock is loaded, it has a quick button to switch between normal brightness, and super-low brightness. I compared it last night to my actual alarm clock and it was only a tad brighter than the alarm clock.

Also, after a period of time (5 min? 10 min?) the screen goes into this SCreensave mode where it's totally black, except for a clock/date view which randomly repositions itself around the screen.

I'm sure these are available outside his ROM, but, I have no idea what they are called and where it could be retrieved on stock fascinate..

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. You're right, that isn't exactly what I'm looking for but gave me the great idea to go look for a regular desktop clock app which I found! Thanks for the nudge in the right direction! ;)

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
When I try to go into "Dock Settings" in JT's Clock app, it force closes. Sad. But the quick tap to change the brightness is great. When I don't need my alarm in Gentle Alarm, I'm using this for my clock overnight. :) So thanks!

Sublym1

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
That's the one thing I missed when I installed JT's Super Clean ROM. I knew that the car dock app was in there but I didn't even bother to check out the clock app. Thanks for the info! :D