A2DP BT = Nav & Notifications on BT + Speakers

Chrisvklein

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
When using my A2DP stero bridge adapter to get audio onto my car-stero. I've noticed that all audio notifications AND the Navigation directions are coming over my BT into my stero AND going thru the speakers on the phone.

it wouldn't be a big deal, but the A2DP has a pinch of delay, thus it sounds like a stadium anouncer. gets quite annoying after a while...

droidisametsfan

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
When using my A2DP stero bridge adapter to get audio onto my car-stero. I've noticed that all audio notifications AND the Navigation directions are coming over my BT into my stero AND going thru the speakers on the phone.

it wouldn't be a big deal, but the A2DP has a pinch of delay, thus it sounds like a stadium anouncer. gets quite annoying after a while...
I am having the same issue with Navigon. Still looking for an answer for this one. I have been looking at audio tuning option but have been unsuccessful. Are you using Navigon or another nav app?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was noticing today that the volume from the phone itself isn't very loud and was wondering about a way to get it over my car's speakers. I also noticed (only the second time I've used the nav on my phone in the car) that when you get a call the nav goes out the window because it loses data connection until you're done with the call. That could be a bit frustrating.

Chrisvklein

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I was noticing today that the volume from the phone itself isn't very loud and was wondering about a way to get it over my car's speakers. I also noticed (only the second time I've used the nav on my phone in the car) that when you get a call the nav goes out the window because it loses data connection until you're done with the call. That could be a bit frustrating.

to get audio over your car, you need to input it through one of a few ways...

1. Bluetooth A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) which allows stereo audio to be piped thru Bluetooth into your stero... i personally use the Blackberry BT Audio Bridge, which allows me to jack into my 1/8" stereo jack on the back of my radio.
2. Tape adapter, the cheaper tape adapters have a 1/8" stereo jack that can be connected to your phone directly, althought, NOT to the car adapter since 2.2 isn't released yet, and my skeptical mind makes me think that they're in no rush to deliver on 2.2, even if their own hardware isn't supported until 2.2 is released.
3. Use an RF adapter, that will retransmit the audio over a lesser used FM channel, usually like 88.3 MHz or 107.9 MHz.. the adapters can be cheap or quite expensive. some pre-scan and find an open frequency for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non