Camcorder app?

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
hey guys,

I have a fascinate and am looking for a quick way to get one touch access to my camcorder.

I need something to be able to put a shortcut or app right on my home page that would take me to the camcorder part of the phone right away without having to go into the camera mode and then go to the camcorder.

I wanna try to catch those quick moments and not miss them fumbling with buttons.

thanks

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
With ADW Launcher, you can add a custom shortcut to individual Android activities. You just scroll down the list to the camera activity, open it up and a list drops down with the camera and camcorder sub-activities. Select the camcorder one and you're good to go. Even puts a specific camcorder icon to the shortcut.

I assume the same thing is possible with Launcher Pro, not sure about the stock TouchWiz though.

Reactions: NickA

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Long press homescreen, shortcut, activity

^^ After you do that you'll see a large list of apps (may take a few seconds to come up). Scroll down the list and select Camera. That will drop down a couple options. One will say Camera, the other Camcorder. Pick Camcorder and it will put an icon on your home screen.

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
nope, long press, shortcuts, then select camera from the list and it just puts camera icon on the page. I don't get a second list and I can't find camcorder anywhere.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Weird. I'm rooted, and hidden menus are enabled, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference.

Someone not rooted want to try it??

ebernedo86

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed that it works

I'm not rooted, using Launcher Pro, and tried it with stock touchwiz..

Long press on any home screen
Go to Shortcuts--> Activities-->Camera (drop down style menu)
Then go to Camcorder and it puts the icon on the your Homescreen

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
ok, thats what i was missing, I'm completely stock, no launcher pro either. I thought from NicA's post that I could do it with the stock touchwiz without launcher pro

dpkim

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I'm a brand new fascinate user and I have not made any changes other than adding apps & widgets. On TouchWiz, the "activities" Option does not appear. So I can only add the camera icon

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
ok, thats what i was missing, I'm completely stock, no launcher pro either. I thought from NicA's post that I could do it with the stock touchwiz without launcher pro

Wait, so you're saying you need LauncherPro to do this? If that's the case, another good reason to get LP. I have LP installed. but not using it right now. I'll uninstall it and see if I get the Camcorder option.

jjcasillas15

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Phone is not rooted. Using Launcher Pro and got the camcorder shortcut just like they said.
Switched back to Touchwiz and was also able to put the camcorder on the homescreen.
Longpress homescreen, select shortcuts, then activities, select camera and an option for camcorder should pop up.
Good luck!

Sublym1

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
nope, long press, shortcuts, then select camera from the list and it just puts camera icon on the page. I don't get a second list and I can't find camcorder anywhere.

Click on the '>' next to Camera and you'll get the drop down list. Then you can select Camcorder.

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Phone is not rooted. Using Launcher Pro and got the camcorder shortcut just like they said.
Switched back to Touchwiz and was also able to put the camcorder on the homescreen.
Longpress homescreen, select shortcuts, then activities, select camera and an option for camcorder should pop up.
Good luck!

nope, still longpress, brings up add to home screen menu with shortcuts, select shortcuts, brings up select shortcut menu, select applications, brings up applications menu, then when highligh camera, just automatically puts camera icon on home page, no option to select anything under camera

again i do not have LP at all

Sublym1

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed that it works

I'm not rooted, using Launcher Pro, and tried it with stock touchwiz..

Long press on any home screen
Go to Shortcuts--> Activities-->Camera (drop down style menu)
Then go to Camcorder and it puts the icon on the your Homescreen

there is no ">" next to camera in the application list

Did you click on Activities after you clicked Shortcuts or did you just click on Applications?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary