How many jumped ship from the Incredible?

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I finally threw in the towel on my Incredible. I'm just getting tired of all of the Verizon bloating of the phone and with the latest updates; the battery is horrendous, With most sync's disabled, etc. I was still only getting to about 8pm-9pm in an average day with the OEM extended battery. I was going to root, and spend the time debloating it, etc. but with all of the perks of the fascinate (screen size, weight, processor, etc.) I decided to take the 6gb memory hit and migrate to the fascinate.

I personally think the fascinate takes better pictures also, seems to have a better lense quality.
I'm pretty excited about getting the phone, rooting it, and then de-bloating it. After that ill probably dabble in some custom stuff.

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
im looking foward to getting mine as well it sounds like the samsung is gona be a great phone minus bing of course

if you're willing to de-bloat and de-bing this early... you might as well just look at loading up JT Super Clean ROM. do the root, then CWM Recovery, then take a backup (just in case)... then update to his rom... you'll be bloat and bing free from the get go...

I mean, it's better to do this from the beginning than deciding to do it after two weeks of customizations........

--- via tapatalk for android

denzillion

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I really thought about Incredible but glad that I got Fascinate. You still need to atleast root, debloat, and put 3rd party launcher. Its slow and laggy out of the box with those bloatwares and Samsung touchwiz launcher. My batt last about 1.5 days with GPS, Bluetooth, wifi off.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yep, you'll certainly have to debloat this phone as well, it's pretty laggy until you do, but once that's done, it really flies. And yea, the camera (both still and video) take really amazing images for a cell phone camera...

woolster22

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Camera really is pretty good on this. I rooted mine from the get-go and went with the jt-rom. The gps can be a pain, but I think I got that all figured out now. I'm just a week into the whole droid thing, but these phones are simply amazing!

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
To those of you that are complaining about the GPS, Did you download the Google maps app, and use that navigator icon with that? and if so, what are your issues?

Anyone I sell a Fascinate to, I do that for and they love it.

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I really thought about Incredible but glad that I got Fascinate. You still need to atleast root, debloat, and put 3rd party launcher. Its slow and laggy out of the box with those bloatwares and Samsung touchwiz launcher. My batt last about 1.5 days with GPS, Bluetooth, wifi off.

3rd party launcher is in reference to?

chaddymoff

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
HERE!

Jumped ship from the Incredible and didn't look back. Love the Fascinate...screen...camera...size...weight. I haven't had the first GPS issue. Dunno, maybe just lucky. Amazing to think THIS will be outdated in a year...

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
...I haven't had the first GPS issue. Dunno, maybe just lucky.

To those of you that are complaining about the GPS, Did you download the Google maps app, and use that navigator icon with that? and if so, what are your issues?

Just check out some of the threads, especially the earlier ones, GPS is probably the most complained about (aside from not having 2.2). I experience locks in 1-2 minutes, others 5-10.

When did you guys get your Fascinates? It seems the people that just got them aren't having the issues as some of us are they got the phone the week it came out.

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Just check out some of the threads, especially the earlier ones, GPS is probably the most complained about (aside from not having 2.2). I experience locks in 1-2 minutes, others 5-10.

When did you guys get your Fascinates? It seems the people that just got them aren't having the issues as some of us are they got the phone the week it came out.

Thats exactly what Im hoping for when I get mine on Black Friday.:p

BKVic

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Is this related to a certain app, Or conflicts with the GPS feature itself?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just check out the threads, I don't want to hi-jack this one with a new topic. It's an issue across the whole Galaxy S line. The main issue is the GPS takes a while to get a fix. By a fix I mean it has a lock on your exact location based on satellites, not assisted or triangulated off towers.

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
if you're willing to de-bloat and de-bing this early... you might as well just look at loading up JT Super Clean ROM. do the root, then CWM Recovery, then take a backup (just in case)... then update to his rom... you'll be bloat and bing free from the get go...

I mean, it's better to do this from the beginning than deciding to do it after two weeks of customizations........

--- via tapatalk for android

I jumped ship from the incredible and the above advice is sound. Try one of JT's kernels as well. The phone runs very, very well.