I hate the conversation bubble look for texting

c0c0nutsp0rt

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok how do I replace the built in messaging with hand cent

I have an Epic but it should be the same for the Fascinate. The next time you click on the messages icon or get a text it will give you an option which to use. Handcent or the stock messaging app. Pick handcent and mark the check to always use that. Also go to the app drawer and pull up the stock messanging app and uncheck on the pop ups and notifications so you don't get 2 notifications.

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Long press the current messaging icon. When the pop-up menu is shown, choose "Change shortcut". On the next menu, choose "Applications". Scroll through the list it brings up and choose the Handcent application.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Long press does nothing on those for icons on bottom

Open up your application screens. You'll see a little gear wheel in the upper left of the screen. Press it. Find your Handcent icon and drag it to where ever you want it. When done, hit menu, then Save.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
If you are using TouchWiz you have to open the app drawl. Then long press the icon you want to use then drag it to the bottom.

Long pressing will let you drag it to a home screen. You have to put the apps in "edit" mode first by pressing the gear wheel in the upper left corner of the screen. This allows you to move them around as well.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Which popup options are you talking about?

Handcent gives you the option to show a popup "window" when you receive a new text. So you don't actually have to go to the messaging application to read, or even reply to the message. You can choose how long you want the popup to stay open. It will even turn the display on for you when you receive a new message, and display the message in the popup.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Handcent gives you the option to show a popup "window" when you receive a new text. So you don't actually have to go to the messaging application to read, or even reply to the message. You can choose how long you want the popup to stay open. It will even turn the display on for you when you receive a new message, and display the message in the popup.

Ah yes, I remember that now.