InnoPath ActiveCare: "service unavailable"

tjk31175

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Newbie here. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this. When I check my phone for system updates and hit status, it comes up as service unavailable (Code:503). Does anyone know if this is normal? I have my WiFi off. Tried powering off/on the phone a few times and still the same result. Help Please!

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
That program is a piece of garbage. If you are trying to install the first update, I would suggest installing it manually.
Cory - for us rooted folk, do you (or anyone else out there) know if anyone has successfully renamed/moved InnoPath for the FASN8? I'm guessing no.

Also, do VZW OTA updates install automagically or do they at least give you a warning so you can avoid causing probs to your rooted little friend.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There has only been one OTA update so far for the Fascinate, DI01. There is a leaked version of the latest update floating around out there, DJ05, but it hasn't hit OTA yet (and we're hearing it won't until end of November, if at all)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Are there any posts in the forum listing the updates so I can find out if I have the latest one that is available.

This is the latest OTA (there's only been one):

Firmware = 2.1-update1
Baseband = S:i500.04 V.DI01
Kernel = 2.6.29
Build = SCH-I500.DI01

Cory - for us rooted folk, do you (or anyone else out there) know if anyone has successfully renamed/moved InnoPath for the FASN8? I'm guessing no.

Also, do VZW OTA updates install automagically or do they at least give you a warning so you can avoid causing probs to your rooted little friend.

I wouldn't delete it. This: Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check New uses InnoPath to check for updates. Unless you do what FloorMatt is doing, then I would leave it there, despite my calling it a piece of junk.

No, updates do not install without your permission.

Newbie here. I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this. When I check my phone for system updates and hit status, it comes up as service unavailable (Code:503). Does anyone know if this is normal? I have my WiFi off. Tried powering off/on the phone a few times and still the same result. Help Please!

As suggested above, turn WiFi off. Also, keep checking for updates over and over again. There should be at least 1 in 20 tries where it works. That was my experience on 4 different Fascinates.

Reactions: tjk31175

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

It will give you a popup and say that there is an update available that needs you to confirm to start downloading it. If you hit it and you're rooted it will just fail to install. No harm done. All you need to do to get it to work is make sure your system/app folder has everything in it that came there. So if you've renamed or moved files to your sd card to debloat you have to undo that stuff. The root itself does not need to be undone but once you finish an update and you reboot you will no longer be rooted. Just do it again. As long as you're at DI01 right now you aren't missing anything.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't delete it. This: Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check New uses InnoPath to check for updates. Unless you do what FloorMatt is doing, then I would leave it there, despite my calling it a piece of junk.

I recently flashed JT Super Clean ROM on my Fascinate and it has the InnoPath thingy disabled or uninstalled (but I do have it in my backup on SD). So when the update rolls in, how do I update my phone?

Also before JT, while I was on stock, I used to get random force close pop ups intermittently saying either "Settings" or "InnoPath" had stopped working, sometimes freezing my phone for a good ten to fifteen minutes or even longer (Most of the times I would just do battery pull rather than wait .. idk if that is wrong). Now that InnoPath is no longer in my system, I still get "Settings" not working messages and occasionally it still freezes my phone. Any remedies for that?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Having zero experience with that ROM, I'm not sure if you can do anything to get Innopath to work with it. If it were me, I would probably flash the stock ROM when the update comes out.