Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Default Ive Rooted, now what?

Hello all, im new to android...recently decided to make the switch from the BB after many years to a Samsung Fascinate and i am very impressed. I have done a small amount of research and i have rooted my phone using Diirks helpfull tutorial. From my understanding rooting gives you access to delete unwanted software and bloating? After rooting my phone i got the *completed* in the command prompt....however i dont see anything diffrrent on my phone.

What exactly is meant to be removed on the phone as far as "bloating" and unwanted software goes?

Help would be greatly appreciated, also what else does rooting give you access too.

Thanks, Mike.

I just did roms and kernels last week. Read up on jts super clean Tom and black hole rom. Those r the two more popular roms. Both these debloat and debing for you.

Look at my thread called attempting to root. Plenty of info in there. You will need to flash clockwork to make backups invade you mess up. Then you download rom manager in the market. This manager has a list of roms to flash very easy. Once flashed...you reboot in clockwork and wipe cache.

Again..look at my post. It has a lot of help from very helpful people

sent from my rooted fascinate with JT's super clean rom and 11/11 non voodoo kernel

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts

You should see a superuser app in your drawer

Once you've rooted the phone won't act any different. Rooting just gives you the ability to change suff you couldn't before. I recommend buying root explorer and removing the bloat pre-installed apps. There are threads on that under hacking. You can also read up on removing Bing. I'd hold off on the kernels just because they are tricky to remove. If you aren't comfortable removing apps yourself look at the clockwork thread and install the jt clean rom.