Where's Froyo for the Fascinate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
[ROM][ALPHA] Kaosinate Froyo ROM on XDA already out and being worked on.... My money is on that being out and available way before 2.2 from Samsung for the VZW Fascinate.. Go check it out on XDA

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
That would be cool. I finally got fed up with the complaining on the boards along with the waiting. people have said the Verizon Support representatives dont know anything and as someone who worked in phone support for a company before I agree with them. Which is why i went high. If you know the right links to follow you can get an email directly to any of the top execs in VZW. I send Dan Mead a kind, but explantive email asking for the information as to what is wrong with Verizon keeping up the expectations. I know from past employement, usually these emails do get answered and go to the people who do have the answers because the heads don't like getting the emails from disappointed customers.

Well, got a response from them (Not exactly mead...wasn't counting on it coming from him anyway) asking for my account information and a number for an Exec to call me. Just gave them the info, so we will have to see where it goes. Will let ya's know if i find anything worth while.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Okay I do not want to get everybody's hopes up, but I am a member and avid reader over at Droidforums.net as well and this is what I saw today. A person in the forum is stating that Samsung tweeted him that Froyo for the Fascinate will launch next week. Check out the link and see for yourself....I am very skeptical, but here it is any how:

Twitter

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You'd think that if Froyo was going to be released next week that they would have either waited for the DL09 and just bundled it or skipped it all together. And also, that there would be some info on one of the official websites like we saw with the DL09 before it came out. And, that there would be more official seeming news than a tweet. But who knows... maybe... Is it April 1st yet?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
You'd think that if Froyo was going to be released next week that they would have either waited for the DL09 and just bundled it or skipped it all together. And also, that there would be some info on one of the official websites like we saw with the DL09 before it came out. And, that there would be more official seeming news than a tweet. But who knows... maybe... Is it April 1st yet?

Although there will be information on it's release when the time does finally come, they don't always put it out a week before rollout. In fact, I've seen instances where they put the information about an update on their website just hours before they begin rolling an update out.

jjcona

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay I do not want to get everybody's hopes up, but I am a member and avid reader over at Droidforums.net as well and this is what I saw today. A person in the forum is stating that Samsung tweeted him that Froyo for the Fascinate will launch next week. Check out the link and see for yourself....I am very skeptical, but here it is any how:

Twitter

You're the same guy who told everyone he talked to 2 different Verizon reps about it coming out the next day, right?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Although there will be information on it's release when the time does finally come, they don't always put it out a week before rollout. In fact, I've seen instances where they put the information about an update on their website just hours before they begin rolling an update out.

I suppose, but since I don't actually believe that its coming out next week I'm trying to come up with logical reasons to keep myself from getting pointlessly excited.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Its possible the dl09 was necessary for an easier froyo update. Personally I would rather skip froyo for gingerbread.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I suppose, but since I don't actually believe that its coming out next week I'm trying to come up with logical reasons to keep myself from getting pointlessly excited.

Haha, that's good logic. My fear is that everyone is making a bigger deal out of the Froyo thing than it really needs to be, and then when it finally drops people will be disappointed because Froyo isn't anything that spectacular.

As for DL09 being an easier upgrade route to Froyo, I suppose that's entirely possible. I had thought about that myself, but hey, what do I know.

mdenny84

May 11, 2010
Visit site
After stopping in my local vzw store on friday I asked their store manager, I refuse service from anyone but him, about froyo for the fascinate and what the hold up was about. He immediately took a step back and said major updates are only pushed to phones with known issues and there currently weren't any with the fascinate! I told him my gps had not worked since day one and he then told me there was a fix on the way but not to expect froyo. So after leaving, I decided to call in to CS just to see if they would verify this in any way. After reaching tech support I asked where froyo and media hub access were for the fascinate and how they could say this phone could do and have access to these things yet they aren't available. This is where it gets interesting, vzw tech places me on hold and comes back and says VZW is only responsible for voice and data and any other questions had to be directed to samsung. He then immediately places me on hold and transfers me to samsung. After about an hour on the phone, 95% of that on hold, a supervisor comes on and without letting me say a word tells me samsung is only responsible for manufacturing the phone and that they can say the phone can do or have access to whatever they want and as long as the phone didn't release with what was advertised they were not liable and that any other questions needed to be directed to VZW. WTF?!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? If this is really the case fascinate owners are really getting screwed. I on the other hand immediately ported both my numbers to sprint, where so far my coverage and evos have been great!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
After stopping in my local vzw store on friday I asked their store manager, I refuse service from anyone but him, about froyo for the fascinate and what the hold up was about. He immediately took a step back and said major updates are only pushed to phones with known issues and there currently weren't any with the fascinate! I told him my gps had not worked since day one and he then told me there was a fix on the way but not to expect froyo. So after leaving, I decided to call in to CS just to see if they would verify this in any way. After reaching tech support I asked where froyo and media hub access were for the fascinate and how they could say this phone could do and have access to these things yet they aren't available. This is where it gets interesting, vzw tech places me on hold and comes back and says VZW is only responsible for voice and data and any other questions had to be directed to samsung. He then immediately places me on hold and transfers me to samsung. After about an hour on the phone, 95% of that on hold, a supervisor comes on and without letting me say a word tells me samsung is only responsible for manufacturing the phone and that they can say the phone can do or have access to whatever they want and as long as the phone didn't release with what was advertised they were not liable and that any other questions needed to be directed to VZW. WTF?!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? If this is really the case fascinate owners are really getting screwed. I on the other hand immediately ported both my numbers to sprint, where so far my coverage and evos have been great!

Not to sound rude -- but people need to just stop trying to get results from Verizon or Samsung. Dozens and dozens of people have posted about their attempts and it's the same every time. If anyone expects anything less, they're way overoptimistic.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me like everybody is really worked up over something that isn't that big a deal, I used both 2.1 and 2.2, the difference isn't all that great. My phone still out performs the all of the Droid's anyday. Sure we don't have some apps, or adobe flash, just make due and enjoy your phone. Stop leaping on the worlds "We need FroYo" bandwagon.

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I see people posting over and over that 2.2 isn't that big of a deal, people aren't going to be impressed, etc. I don't care if the OS looks different or my home screens scroll differently or whatever, there are core components that are relied upon by more and more apps, and I feel like I'm getting left in the dust here. Look at the Google apps. Almost all of them have a few features that are only available on Froyo. That's just one company that makes apps; I see more and more in the market that say 2.2+. Then there's the flash thing on top of that.

I know that some people are sick of all the complaining about the wait, but to deny that it's a big deal doesn't help the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234