Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missing Voicemail Puzzle Piece???

I'm sure it's an easy question to answer, but for the life of me I can't seem to get my voicemail notifications to appear as a puzzle piece instead of located in upper left corner???
    The unlock, missed call and text pieces are on home screen when I wake phone, but no voicemail piece???
    Thanks for everyone's help.

G

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Do you use the Verizon voicemail service or Google Voice?

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

verizon
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Doesn't anybody here know how to fix this?? Just want to be able to listen to voicemails by dragging puzzle piece after waking phone..

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hmm, try this (if possible). Do a soft reset, then once you have booted back up immediately lock the device using the power button. Send yourself a voicemail from another phone and wait for it to come through, then turn the screen back on. Let us know if it’s still missing!

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hey Chris,
    Thanks for your help.... I did a soft reset and the voicemail puzzle piece is still missing??? It does show up in my notification bar, just not on home screen like "unlock, missed call and test message" puzzle piece??

Garret

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well, I think you may have me intrigued.

UNLESS...

It may very well be possible that voicemail doesn't appear on the puzzle piece. I know texts and missed calls do, but have you ever seen a voicemail puzzle piece beforehand? I use Google Voice for my voicemail services so that obviously doesn't show, but I think voicemails just don't show on the puzzle.

I could be wrong, and obviously someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

There's a voicemail puzzle piece in the framework-res.apk, so I assume the lock screen should display one if there's a voicemail waiting.

The puzzle lock screen seems to be somewhat buggy. Mine stopped showing e-mail pieces some time ago and I haven't been able to figure out how to get it back. Right now it only shows a piece for a SMS message and a missed call - no voicemail, no e-mail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Missing Voicemail Puzzle Piece???-zzz_unlock_puzzle_noti_icon_visual_voice_mail.png  

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hmm, mine has never shown an email piece, which would be very helpful if I could get it to show.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

verizon is telling me the only way to possibly get it back is to factory reset my phone?? by doing this I'll loose all changes I've made and apps I've downloaded.. Do you think this is my only option for getting the voicemail puzzle piece back???

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    verizon is telling me the only way to possibly get it back is to factory reset my phone?? by doing this I'll loose all changes I've made and apps I've downloaded.. Do you think this is my only option for getting the voicemail puzzle piece back???
    It may be your only option if it's important to you to have it. There are no settings to change how the puzzle unlock screen behaves unfortunately, and there seems to be no remedy for disappearing pieces. I've scoured the internet and searched all over and haven't found much =\

Keep in mind if you do a factory reset, you will "lose" your apps but you will be able to re-download all of them once you're back up and running. The Market will have a record of all apps you have downloaded and/or purchased based on your Google account.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I wouldn't do a full out reset just for a voicemail puzzle peice, if its notification you are looking for i would just rely on NoLed app. but otherwise IMO at least a VM puzzle piece is that essential.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3D View Post
    There's a voicemail puzzle piece in the framework-res.apk, so I assume the lock screen should display one if there's a voicemail waiting.

The puzzle lock screen seems to be somewhat buggy. Mine stopped showing e-mail pieces some time ago and I haven't been able to figure out how to get it back. Right now it only shows a piece for a SMS message and a missed call - no voicemail, no e-mail.
    Same here, only show the SMS and missed call pieces.

I've never had the vm piece show up. Does anybody know if this can be fixed by rooting and re loading the puzzle app?
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,261 Global Posts

had a voicemail hit me today...no puzzle piece

Only seen the text and call pieces
    how hard is it to unlock and then slid a and click
    not worth a reset that likely wont work