Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a way.......

is there a way to stop any music player to stop playing all audio on playback? i listen to it but i have to hear all my sounds and ringtones? if there is a way i would LOVE to know how......thanks

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by dmbfan42 View Post
    is there a way to stop any music player to stop playing all audio on playback? i listen to it but i have to hear all my sounds and ringtones? if there is a way i would LOVE to know how......thanks
    What music player are you using, it doesnt do that on my fascinate.

Well a couple ways of fixing this.

1. you can use double twist to make playlists like Itunes does.

2. you can manually create folders that keep just your music and set up the music player only to get audio from that folder
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

im using tunewiki and i have them in different folders but they all seem to mix. i have a folder called songs and ringtones....etc and ive tried to standard player on the phone

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by dmbfan42 View Post
    im using tunewiki and i have them in different folders but they all seem to mix. i have a folder called songs and ringtones....etc and ive tried to standard player on the phone
    try to use power amp , once open hit the folder button and it will let you choose specific folders to play from
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yeah ill give it a try thanks

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

In your ringtones or tones folder (whichever folder(s) contains the media you don't want added to the song list), you can put a file called nomedia in it. This will prevent the media scanner from adding the files to your song list. You will probably have to make the file (use a text editor to make, then remove the .txt from the name) using your PC and then drag to your phone via USB cable. Works like a champ.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

The file has to be .nomedia with a "." before it. Just create a text file on your pc, put it on the sd card, then rename it with your phones file explorer to have the "." in the beginning and remove ".txt" from the end. This does work, but that's part of the problem. Your phone will no longer be able to find the file to use it when needed. So for ringtones, they won't work. If it's a big problem for you to have these files show up in the media player, I'd also recommend just using a different player that only searches specified folders.
    Thanked by: