My Fascinate Won't Fully Boot

Diablo3042

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my Fascinate, then installed jt's dj01 super clean ROM along with his (stable) voodoo kernel. Everything was fine... then i go to do a restore of a previous backup that i liked better. now all my phone does is show the samsung boot screen and then goes right to the red ClockworkMod Recovery (voodoo lagfix). I can't get it to do anything else. Can anyone help?

Also I can apply the update.zip in the red ClockworkMod Recovery and get to the green ClockworkMod Recovery, but anything i do there has no effect either. (i.e. wipe data/ factory reset, wipe cache partition, or restore from there)

##############

Ok. So far I have applied all the .tar files to the phone via odin. Now when I hit the power button it brings me to the stock recovery screen. i have wiped data and cache. when i try to apply sdcard:update zip it gives me the following message...
"E:failed to verify whole-file signature"
"E:signature verification failed"
"Installation aborted"

When I reboot the system it always brings me back to the Android system recovery. Nothing else.

What can i do for it to read my sdcard again? and is it possible that i need to install the stock rom? if so could i do this from the sdcard if i get it working again?

I would like everything back to stock at this point, if i can. I would like to stop scaring myself like this if i can help it. ;)

Last edited:

Diablo3042

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
How do i use/Where do i get adb?

EDIT: I don't even get the stock recovery screen. I get the Red CWM voodoo lagfix screen then once i apply the update zip i get the green CWM screen. And i can't get any further than those 2 screens.

Last edited:

Diablo3042

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
there doesn't seem to be anything in the original.mbr file and doesn't show up under the sdcard in CWM. Am i supposed to enter those "codes" into the SDK Manager? im so confused... Everything was in my knowledge range up until this point...

My Device Serial doesn't show up when i enter "adb devices" into the command prompt after downloading, unzipping, and adding the tools folder location from the SDK files to my environment variables.

Last edited:

Diablo3042

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
The adb isn't working for me... O.O The command prompt says "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I've downloaded the SDK files. Moved the tools location to the end of paths in environmental variables, downloaded daemon tools lite, mounted my sdcard via CWM (since CWM is the only access i have to anything) and still nothing. Needless to say I'm becoming worried.

EDIT: now when i reinstalling SDK tools it says that it doesn't detect Java Development Tools even though i do have them installed.

Last edited:

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You need to navigate to the folder that adb.exe is located in with command prompt before you can run it. For example, on my system I have to type "cd\program files\android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools" hit enter, then use whatever adb commands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy