Fascinate having update all button!

mhunter995

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
So my girlfriend just told me that she now has an update all button in her market on her Sanding Fascinate on verizon. I didn't think Eclair devices were getting this. This another silent market update roll out?

Sent via my android powered device

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So my girlfriend just told me that she now has an update all button in her market on her Sanding Fascinate on verizon. I didn't think Eclair devices were getting this. This another silent market update roll out?

Sent via my android powered device

yeah just rolled out over the last couple days along with comment and recommendations tab, woo hoo!

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Some people, like myself, have had this for months.

I didn't have it (and couldnt make market purchases) until I grabbed a new ROM. This is another nice big fail from google, way to not make the market itself an app that can be updated within the market! Keep it silent and broken and grace certain special people with a working version! Yay openness!

ocgreenmachine

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have it (and couldnt make market purchases) until I grabbed a new ROM. This is another nice big fail from google, way to not make the market itself an app that can be updated within the market! Keep it silent and broken and grace certain special people with a working version! Yay openness!

Actually, all you have to do is go to settings/applications/manage applications/market and clear cache. After clearing cache, my market updated to reflect the new tab.

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Actually, all you have to do is go to settings/applications/manage applications/market and clear cache. After clearing cache, my market updated to reflect the new tab.

I have yet to receive the market update that has been out for a month or two now. I have tried clearing market cache and re-opening market, but I still have the old version. My phone is not rooted or anything. I guess the silent update is just random, I'll probably get it at some point.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
That okay...try this for wierd... back when i got my Fascinate, shortly after i got the Market update when a few other people got it. After trying to root and failing and screwing some things up (mainly renamed wrong files) through i was going to have to take it back so i reset to stock...and didn't recieve the market update again till a few days ago.. It was like being the kid who got to play with a toy for a few days and then get the toy taken away. I have quite a few apps that get updated regularly so having that Update all button really is nice.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

Actually, I tried that only about 900 times. Also tried factory reset and every other little trick and it would just never work. It wouldnt budge from that old ass version and it wouldnt let me log in with a shopper account. That is, until I took fate into my own hands and installed JTs super clean rom. Smooth sailing ever since.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Clearing the cache never worked for me either. I ended up having to find the FroYo market apk and installing it manually. Works great, though.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Search for vending.apk on 4shared.com. Download one that's been posted within the past 2 months, put on SD card, navigate to it with any file explorer, click install. You do not need to be rooted or modified in any way.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk