No 3G or 1x icon = No Data Connection! Help!

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, well vbulletin's search tool sux :D so here's a post of a problem I know there is a thread around here for.

Yesterday I started having an issue with my data connection on my fascinate. After a short while from boot (10-30 minutes on avg) I would lose the 3G icon next to the signal bar. It wasn't replaced with a 1x, just the signal meter with nothing to the left of it. Well, anytime this happened I would lose all my data connections, no pandora, no net, no anything. I could reboot to restore data service for a bit, but then the problem would repeat.

I'm running JT's super clean ROM with the stable non-voodoo kernel.

turner5770

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen yesterday on my commute home. I was streaming pandora, which pandora received an update prior to that. Ten frantic minutes of battery pulls and switching between airplane mode. Came back so good so far. Funny thing was pandora was still streaming. Mime is bone stock just rooted.

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen yesterday on my commute home. I was streaming pandora, which pandora received an update prior to that. Ten frantic minutes of battery pulls and switching between airplane mode. Came back so good so far. Funny thing was pandora was still streaming. Mime is bone stock just rooted.

maybe something to do with pandora? seems to only have happened when trying to stream it.

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My Droid does this every so often. In fact it done it for hours the night before I ordered my fascinate. The weird thing was that my wife's dx had perfect single sitting right next to my Droid. It usually does it at my house and I'm not streaming Pandora........

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to myself, along with a few others in the past. If it persists for more than a day, so you can rule out any sort of network issues, contact Verizon. For some unknown reason, data service has been getting disabled on some peoples individual lines, so don't rule this out if another phone on your family plan is working fine. The only fix VZ can seem to do is to activate a dumb phone on your line, then put your smart phone back on to trigger the data to turn back on. If you still have an old dumb phone lying around, you can do this yourself and it would have the same effect.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This has happened to myself, along with a few others in the past. If it persists for more than a day, so you can rule out any sort of network issues, contact Verizon. For some unknown reason, data service has been getting disabled on some peoples individual lines, so don't rule this out if another phone on your family plan is working fine. The only fix VZ can seem to do is to activate a dumb phone on your line, then put your smart phone back on to trigger the data to turn back on. If you still have an old dumb phone lying around, you can do this yourself and it would have the same effect.

Yep, was just going to mention this. There's been a history recently of people's data plans just flat out being shut off for no real reason. A call to Verizon will fix this IF that is the case. It's happened to me once already an quite a few other people here on the forums have complained about it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781