Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SMS Problem

I've having an issue sending SMS messages to my contacts. I synced all my contacts with my gmail account because I figured it'd be easier to enter them on the computer than using Swype. Anyway, I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Whenever I go into my contacts and click "Send Message" it brings me to the default messenger as it should. However, in the "To" bar, nothing is listed. The previous contact I selected is nowhere to be found.

I also tried Handcent and the same thing happened. If I leave the bar blank, I get a message saying "Your message has no valid recipient(s)." It only happens with some of my contacts, but I'd say the error rate is about 50%. The only workaround I found is to copy and paste the actual phone number into the "To:" address bar.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

In the mobile field for the contact is the format (555) 555-2222?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    In the mobile field for the contact is the format (555) 555-2222?
    I never use parenthesis. I either use:

straight numbers- 5555552222
    or
    hyphenated- 555-555-2222

I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be a difference between the contacts that SMS works for the contacts it doesn't. The numbers are in the same format and they're both set on "mobile."
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I did a hard reset and the problem seems to be solved for the moment. I believe it may have been a conflict between the default messenger app and Launcher Pro.