Voice mail app?

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
For some reason my visual voicemail app that came stock on the phone, will no longer play my voice mails. I am subscribed still to the service.

It says "an error occured in MediaPlayer" and now I can't listen to any of the voicemails any ideas?

Tried to get the verizon vvm one off market to fix but it tells me after downloading and installing to please use voicemail app built in to the phone and then only gives a choice to uninstall.

Anyone else had this or know of a fix?

Sent using Tapatalk

thebadben

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Try downloading a different media player, maybe. Sorry if that doesn't help, but I just use Google Voice. Is it a constant issue, or has it only happened once or twice?

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The thing is I can play music our anything else just fine....not even sure which media player it is talking about since my music and video player work just fine and I haven't installed any 3rd party players.....

And everything was working on my visual voice mail just fine til yesterday. I was half way through listening to one of the voicemails and hit the back button to back out to call the person and after the call, I went back into voicemail to check the next msg and it started throwing that error.....

Any ideas?

Anyone got the apk file for the Verizon fascinate stock phone voicemail app? Maybe I can just send the file to the phone and re-open it to fix?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Can you list any 3rd party programs you have installed? Also, have you tried clearing the cache for VVM in settings > applications?

I did try clearing the Voicemail cache through the applications setting menu, but didn't have any luck.....I also tried force stopping the app. I tried battery pull. I have also tried to refresh the voicemails in the app itself. Unfortunatley nothing worked.....Trying to avoid a phone reset....

I have had all the 3rd party apps on here for quite sometime and haven't added anything except updates to the 3rd party apps when they come out. It was working before with all these apps so not sure if it's conflicting how it could...

3rd party apps (Long list so here we go)
Google - Voice, places, latitude, maps, nav, & reader
dolophin hd
opera mini
state farm pocket agent
kayak
orbitz
southwest
worldmate
espn scorecenter
scoremobile
personal DVR
xfinity mobile
tapatalk pro
trapster
urbanspoon
yelp
foursquare
yahoo mail app
adamsons french dip
game center
G4
engadget
pulse
rev3remote
cnet news
xda
android central
twitter
the hockey news
nhl gamecenter
iheartradio
tunein radio
sirius
mix 106.5
angry birds
angry birds seasons
papertoss
dopewars
drinking games
beerwhere
hoptopia
urban dictionary
revision 3
fmylife official
smrtguard
lookout
noled
flashlight
ringleader pro
myreminders
tivoremote
homeswitcher
launcherpro
adw launcher
ringdroid
gps status
app brain
vlingo (not installed after most recent update)
dropbox
barcode scanner
cardstar
weatherbug
kelley blue bok
ups mobile
ebay
gesture search
superuser
adfree
shootme
rom manager
wireless tether
tether
titanium backup
root explorer
z4root (never used ~ rooted with and central directions)

Long list I know but not sure which of these if any would have an effect on Visual Voice mail

Thanks let me know if you think anything is conflicting,
Drootz

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
None of those apps stands out as being problematic. That is the longest list I've ever seen by the way! :)

Okay - now that you mention this, I do remember having this issue once. I think it did it with old messages, but every new one was fine. I recall deleting the old ones to fix it. This was a long time ago, but this definitely rang a bell all of a sudden. Can you try leaving yourself a voicemail and see if the new one plays okay. It's possible that the directory where it stores the voicemails becomes corrupted or something.

Reactions: Drootz

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
None of those apps stands out as being problematic. That is the longest list I've ever seen by the way! :)

Okay - now that you mention this, I do remember having this issue once. I think it did it with old messages, but every new one was fine. I recall deleting the old ones to fix it. This was a long time ago, but this definitely rang a bell all of a sudden. Can you try leaving yourself a voicemail and see if the new one plays okay. It's possible that the directory where it stores the voicemails becomes corrupted or something.

I will give that a try.....let me move some of the msg's to my sd card or fwd. them to my email first though since I have a couple I def. need to keep.

LOL on app list I told you it was long..... :p

Here is a screenshot img of the error in case it helps....

snap20101218_133059.png

snap20101218_133106.png

I appreciate all the help and ideas guys thank you, I was on the line with VZW tech support for an hour and they were no help.....

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

Ok so I saved the old messages to my sd card and left myself a new voicemail and it PLAYS THE NEW MSG!!! WOOOO HOOOO Thanks Cory! :D

Now to just figure out how to get the 2 old msgs I need playing again......

I would imagine once I upload them to my email I will be able to listen to them again without the error through the windows media player.?.?

So relieved thanks again!

Drootz

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer