Screen Orientation

DropD

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
ok heres my deal. I have a facinate. Heres what i want it to do. I want the home screen to never rotate and texting and browser to rotate or stay in landscape. I am able to get the browser to stay in landscape but id like to rotate the phone sometimes. I cannot find a way to text in landscape if i have orietation off. I have it off because i dont like the home screen turning sideways. I had my phone all working good then had to reset to factory and have not been able to get back to that. Not sure if i downloaded an app or something and now dont have it cause i did the reset. Long story short i want my home screen to stay the same and everything else to rotate. ie text and browser. Thanks in advance. Big fan of this site. Thanks again.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok heres my deal. I have a facinate. Heres what i want it to do. I want the home screen to never rotate and texting and browser to rotate or stay in landscape. I am able to get the browser to stay in landscape but id like to rotate the phone sometimes. I cannot find a way to text in landscape if i have orietation off. I have it off because i dont like the home screen turning sideways. I had my phone all working good then had to reset to factory and have not been able to get back to that. Not sure if i downloaded an app or something and now dont have it cause i did the reset. Long story short i want my home screen to stay the same and everything else to rotate. ie text and browser. Thanks in advance. Big fan of this site. Thanks again.

Ok easy, download a third party launcher, i use launcher pro. if you use launcher pro from the home screen, hit the menu button, select prefrences, go to behavioral settings, disable auto rotation. then even if your system rotation is on the home screen will stay the same

crakedparrot

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So here's my question? if I disable auto rotate, is there a way to tell it to rotate on demand... such as a double click on the screen or such.

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So here's my question? if I disable auto rotate, is there a way to tell it to rotate on demand... such as a double click on the screen or such.

I use 2 programs to achieve this. The first is App Launcher which you can set to launch by holding down the search softkey on your phone. I then installed an app called AutoRotate Switch (the only one I found in the market that isn't a widget). Put this app in the list of apps on your App Launcher. When you are in an app where you want to rotate the screen even though you have disabled it, long press your search button and the window of apps pops up, just tap the AutoRotate Switch and your screen will now rotate in whichever app you're in (or vice versa if you already had it set to rotate and want it to stay put).

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I use 2 programs to achieve this. The first is App Launcher which you can set to launch by holding down the search softkey on your phone. I then installed an app called AutoRotate Switch (the only one I found in the market that isn't a widget). Put this app in the list of apps on your App Launcher. When you are in an app where you want to rotate the screen even though you have disabled it, long press your search button and the window of apps pops up, just tap the AutoRotate Switch and your screen will now rotate in whichever app you're in (or vice versa if you already had it set to rotate and want it to stay put).

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Good answer :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34