Fascinate not recognizing USB mode

katvo

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I'm having an issue getting a Fascinate to connect to my computer. I updated the Fascinate drivers, but the Fascinate isn't recognizing the Mass Storage mode. It's only charging, no other options.
How can I get it to recognize Mass Storage mode? There is no notification in the bar that it's even connected? I'm googling myself crazy over here and I can't find anything!

Thanks

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I'm having an issue getting a Fascinate to connect to my computer. I updated the Fascinate drivers, but the Fascinate isn't recognizing the Mass Storage mode. It's only charging, no other options.
How can I get it to recognize Mass Storage mode? There is no notification in the bar that it's even connected? I'm googling myself crazy over here and I can't find anything!

Thanks

ok first go to settings>USB settings> select Mass storage.

then go to settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging.

then connect fasinate, it will now auto set up the drivers.

once its done doing its thing, disconnect the USB,

go back and disable Debugging, then reconnect and you should be ok

hope that helps

katvo

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That's the problem... It's not giving me that option. When I plug it in, the only thing it does is charge. It's not giving me an option to mount the sd in the notification window.
Is there another way to get to that option?
My computer isn't recognizing the Fascinate either. And I just re-updated the drivers from Samsung's website. :/ I'm really stuck here. I must be missing something.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That's the problem... It's not giving me that option. When I plug it in, the only thing it does is charge. It's not giving me an option to mount the sd in the notification window.
Is there another way to get to that option?
My computer isn't recognizing the Fascinate either. And I just re-updated the drivers from Samsung's website. :/ I'm really stuck here. I must be missing something.

Im really sorry but i have to ask you some of this basic stuff, have you tried different USB ports, sometimes they assign themselves, other times they time out,,,etc

katvo

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
haha, it's quite alright. I've tried all my USB ports. And like I just said, I just plugged in my Ally and my Incredible and they worked just fine.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok did you try removing your SD, card and connecting it without it onboard,,,i know that sounds kinda of nonsense,,,,, also check your device manager on your computer see if it gives you any flags,,, try install wizard,,,, and if all this doesnt work maybe we need to install SDK adb drivers

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

So are you saying that when you connect the USB, and pull down your notification window, it doesn't say USB connected? Or when you click on that it doesn't give you the pop-up to mount?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool