Hold down home button not working

sung3d

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I had my fascinate for about a month and I've done rooting and voodoo lag fix following articles here.
Then I noticed that my home button works just fine, but long press home button doesn't bring the apps list that is running(?) any more.
Have no idea what caused it. Default task manager is working as well. I tried the long press home button both in Launcher Pro Plus and TW Launcher and doesn't work in both.

Here is some more info of my phone:
Hardware version
i500.04
Model number
SCH-I500
Firmware version
2.1-update1
Baseband version
S:i500.04 V.DH12
Kernel version
Build number
SCH-I500.DH12

Any suggestion word would be appreciated.
Merry Christmas everyone!

sung3d

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just to make sure, you do have it programmed to something in the Settings...right?

Umm...not sure exactly what you mean.
In the Launcher Pro setting or regular setting?
Currently home button press brings to main screen and that's it. I can't get the list of apps pop up when I long press (hold) home key.

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I too, yesterday, lost my Home button long-press ability... but, mine seemed to occur after I had messed around with kernels, as well as attempting to go to DJ05 without a full data wipe.. I had various other problems too at that point (market not able to download a single thing was the worst part)... and I decided to go ahead and wipe everything away and load DJ05 from scratch.. This fixed my issues, and I now have the long-press back.

So, sorry that I can't give you an easy way to get it back, but figured i'd share how I lost mine, to see if you've been doing the same sort of stuff lately.

Reactions: sung3d

sung3d

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks TripSixes.
When I was replacing my ROM to show numbers on battery icon on notification bar, I messed up my phone and tried to recover all night long. Then I don't exactly know how but somehow I manage to recover the phone. Probably that might cause my Home button long press ability problem. Anyhow that's the only problem I noticed so far on my phone and anything else seems to be working just fine.
So maybe I will wait unless there is a simple easy way to fix this problem. Then when time comes to upgrade ROM or Froyo or whatever, I probably will prepare myself better and clean wipe and upgrade ROM/kernel.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I've read through some posts of people with the same problem and the only fix seems to be a factory reset...I know its a pain in the a$$. If anything try a battery pull and see if does anything.

sung3d

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Cyber Warrior.
I will try battery pull (when I have too :) and see if that works. Man, my fascinate seems very happy these days (other than home button long press glitch) that I am reluctant to try anything complicate for now.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
GO launcher is nice and has a running/task killer built into the app drawer if you wanna give it a shot, would replace the function you're looking for.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
GO launcher is nice and has a running/task killer built into the app drawer if you wanna give it a shot, would replace the function you're looking for.

You can get to the task manager in the drawer with any others as well. It just won't have the smaller window with your last 6 apps in it like the home button long press gives you.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've read through some posts of people with the same problem and the only fix seems to be a factory reset...I know its a pain in the a$$. If anything try a battery pull and see if does anything.

A normal factory reset from within a custom rom is dangerous it could brick your phone for reals depending on the rom. if you want it back to factory you actually need to flash a stock rom.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
A normal factory reset from within a custom rom is dangerous it could brick your phone for reals depending on the rom. if you want it back to factory you actually need to flash a stock rom.

+1. A hard reset by going to Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset doesn't do any harm. Just removes personal data. But if you do it via the phones recovery with modifications made, it usually buys you a ticket to the force close loop of hell.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I think he wants the running list and to be able to click and go to those, you can't in task manager.

If all he wants is the task manager, i'd configure one of the dock icons in LP to swipe to open it, that'd be easy.

sung3d

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I think he wants the running list and to be able to click and go to those, you can't in task manager.

If all he wants is the task manager, i'd configure one of the dock icons in LP to swipe to open it, that'd be easy.

Yes, exactly that's what I was missing.
I have mapped LP app icon in the dock to pop up the most recent apps used when swiped. This is a bit different than showing what is currently running but do the job for now.
Also, I have Advanced Task Killer and AutoKiller installed and happy with both.

So I guess I will live with this setting for a while :)
Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze