1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default new update failed

rooted then unrooted still failed any help

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by kb31550 View Post
    rooted then unrooted still failed any help
    be more specific. i am assuming you are on the fascinate. but what else? tell us everything, everything is relevent.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

You need to load all of the stock apps that came with your phone that you deleted back onto the phone. Unroot...install the update....reroot. If you used titanium backup you can freeze and unfreeze the apps when its time for updates. If you don't have the original app files...search the thread or post a new thread....somebody will upload a link for you to download them back to your phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I used one click root to root my phone and had jt super clean rom installed someone on here posted a stock image to go back to stock using odin so i did. Everything is back to normal, but when the update tries to install it just fails

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I used one click root to root my phone and had jt super clean rom installed someone on here posted a stock image to go back to stock using odin so i did. Everything is back to normal, but when the update tries to install it just fails
    Try unchecking your wifi in the wifi settings
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

i never use wi fi

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

i never use wi fi
    Since there is nothing left to do , ive heard silly things like having your bluetooth toggled..... also try disabling auto sync in accounts & syncs
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

no sir still failed damn this phone
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

SCH I500_DH12_toDI01
    status update failed or incomplete
    Code 410

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

SCH I500_DH12_toDI01
    status update failed or incomplete
    Code 410
    ok is it failing while trying to do it over the air.... if so you can manually download it and install it without having to worry about getting it to work over the air
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

can you explain this to me a little more thanks

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

this thread will help you i think
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ok I downloaded it now what are the next steps ?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

ok I downloaded it now what are the next steps ?
    First follow directions in post #3
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/fasc...-recovery.html

Also are you on verizon or Telus?

KB i apologize i made a mistake yesterday.... do not use the download i set you to yesterday.
    use this thread instead

the other one will only trick your system into thinking its already updated which will prevent the OTA
    Last edited by DroidXcon; 12-28-2010 at 12:28 AM.

So because I am still new to Android and slowly trying to catch up on all things droid in the forums, was there an update for the Fascinate on Verizon that came out? I go to check for new it comes back with no updates, then when i run the Status, it tells me the server is not available, is that suppose to be like that?

I have not rooted my phone (yet) and not sure if i want too, but is the update for rooted phones?

Thanks,

ROM
    JT's 12.21 Voodoo 5

Why not use ODIN to install newer files. You said you used it to restore your phone to sock.

DJ05 ODIN Install
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by ATRich0608 View Post
    Why not use ODIN to install newer files. You said you used it to restore your phone to sock.

DJ05 ODIN Install
    True i dont know why i didnt think of it last time... but DJ05 is not an official build but it is a really good one. here is for DI01

Thanked by:

ROM
    JT's 12.21 Voodoo 5

Quote Originally Posted by matzerby View Post
    So because I am still new to Android and slowly trying to catch up on all things droid in the forums, was there an update for the Fascinate on Verizon that came out? I go to check for new it comes back with no updates, then when i run the Status, it tells me the server is not available, is that suppose to be like that?

I have not rooted my phone (yet) and not sure if i want too, but is the update for rooted phones?

Thanks,
    I would hold off it looks like we are going to get 2.2 soon. If you want to do something now DJ05 is not officially available but it is much better.

I would install with ODIN

This is the file you will need to install on your phone. same as post above.

This link will tell you how to use ODIN and has a link to download program. You won't need the restore files provided because you will use the above all in one package.

Make sure you use the PDA option anything else will brick your phone. Also your phone does not need to be rooted and will not be rooted after you are done. You can root after if you like. If you ever install a rom, like JT's clean rom, make sure if is meant to work with DJ05 or what ever rom you have installed. You need the rom and the kernel to be like versions.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock

Can you explain how your update fails? I'm the "tech" at my agent store and just handled a fascinate today that would almost get the update, then it would fail. Come to find out after seeing it try that theres about 5000ish fascinates that fail with updates. There is a known set of ESN's that qualify at being replaced if this is your issue. Please explain in detail how the update is failing.