Mail Server won't open

retiredf5

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My internet provider is COX Internet . . a large provided in the Md, Va area. At least once a day, my Fascinate is unable to download any email from my provider from anywhere between a 1 to 3 hours. Checking with Verizon says it's most likely your internet provider site that's the problem. Contacting COX brought a response that they are having problems with the Android OS in providing consistant mail retrieval.

Switching internet provider is going to be a pain as my phone, TV and Internet is with COX. COX says my previous BB is set up for business and their servers work fine with BB. Besides the obviouse answers of switch providers or go back to BB, has anybody who has COX service had this problem?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't have COX, but as a workaround you can setup a GMail account and sync with that. GMail has the ability to POP into your COX account and grab your mail. You can also send mail from your COX account through GMail, so recipients will see your e-mail coming through as ???@cox.com (or whatever it is).

retiredf5

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

Verizon rep said it could be done but thought I needed to go to COX as to how to. COX didn't know. . . never thought of doing it from my GMAIL acct. I put theinfo in and will see if it works. I take it ALL email that would have gone to my @cox.net account will go the the GMAIL acct OR will it go to both???

Thanks