Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It could either be a software update to fix bugs, A froyo update, or both. ;) Lets hope for froyo

hey, no staying on topic!!!!!

i remember reading that we will be getting another update before we get froyo. so even if we get an update on the 10th, and i am not holding my breath, it wont be froyo.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
If 2.2 or 2.3 doesn't come out by the end of this month, I'm returning my phone. Best Buy 30 day return ftw.

I knew about the lack of support before I purchased this phone. I also knew about the problems such as the gps issue. The lack of updates isn't really bothering me as I came from a BB Storm. It's the false info. And what really chaps my hide (yes I said chaps my hide) is the the false advertising about froyo on the samsung site then changing it back. This is a great device and I won't say its my last samsung venture, but I'll definitely search my options in depth and remember december 2010 before I make another samsung purchase.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I knew about the lack of support before I purchased this phone. I also knew about the problems such as the gps issue. The lack of updates isn't really bothering me as I came from a BB Storm. It's the false info. And what really chaps my hide (yes I said chaps my hide) is the the false advertising about froyo on the samsung site then changing it back. This is a great device and I won't say its my last samsung venture, but I'll definitely search my options in depth and remember december 2010 before I make another samsung purchase.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

As someone who works in software production/marketing for a huge corporation (no, not samsung) I guess I take it for granted that I know anything someone says about software, that isn't in the software TODAY, is totally making **** up. Never ever ever ever (ever) buy something with the expectation that the features you really want are going to be in some unspecified software rev, released at some unspecified time in the future. Buy today, for today. Software guys lie, all the time. Trust me.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
As someone who works in software production/marketing for a huge corporation (no, not samsung) I guess I take it for granted that I know anything someone says about software, that isn't in the software TODAY, is totally making **** up. Never ever ever ever (ever) buy something with the expectation that the features you really want are going to be in some unspecified software rev, released at some unspecified time in the future. Buy today, for today. Software guys lie, all the time. Trust me.

how can we??? are you lieing now??? is you name really joe??? im on to you!!!!

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
You can still return your phone, tell them that you sent the rebate and they will just give you have what you spent minus the rebate. At least that is how it was explained to me.
You are correct. Yes you can still return the phone within 30 days even of you sent in your rebate. Verified that with VZW the other day b/c I'm thinking of sending mine back for a DINC.

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I hate to burst anyone's bubble but I think MR2 stands for Maintenance Release 2. The maintenance release might be referring to the DL09 build that has been leaked already. I hope I'm wrong but I think we may have to wait a bit longer for Froyo. . .

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I hate to burst anyone's bubble but I think MR2 stands for Maintenance Release 2. The maintenance release might be referring to the DL09 build that has been leaked already. I hope I'm wrong but I think we may have to wait a bit longer for Froyo. . .

I believe Verizon refers to pretty much all updates as "Maintenance Releases", so it could just as easily be DL09 as 2.2, we just don't know. But the 10th is only a few days away, so we'll know soon enough.

With the recent news that the devs at XDA are making progress getting 2.3 on our phones, whatever comes out on the 10th, if anything, is almost a lost cause unless it's 2.3 itself.

ryan301.storm

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
after looking at a post about this same discussion and there were a couple of ppl that actually talked to VZW reps and they have confirmed that it will be froyo.. to be honest in good with what im running now lol only thing i want to change is the battery usage. i will be waiting about a week before updating my phone to see if its worth it.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
after looking at a post about this same discussion and there were a couple of ppl that actually talked to VZW reps and they have confirmed that it will be froyo.. to be honest in good with what im running now lol only thing i want to change is the battery usage. i will be waiting about a week before updating my phone to see if its worth it.

Just saw a post in XDA also that confirmed Froyo... Okay..

So maybe.. maybe... Many of us are hard skeptics coming from Blackberry...

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a few flying pigs to help with the delivery to Greenland. :p
lol. what the load capacity on those. how much do you want for them? :D

what ever comes out on the 10, if anything at all, and im not holding my breath, unless its 2.3, its jsut insulting to thier customer base. you have birdman a week or so out from releasing 2.3, and samsung and vzw are still droping false promise after false promise about 2.2. they should be ashamed of them selves, samsung and vzw both. you can pass the buck to which ever one you want, but when it comes down to it, they are partners in this. as for me, i will trust "our" dev community and vzw and samsung can suck it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech