Page 1 of 24 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website

2.2 Froyo Coming 1/10/11
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website-2011-01-04_12.41.39.jpg  

Epic! Any word on when the verizon iphone drops? Or how about who shot jfk?

In before the ****storm...

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

hey guys, anybody wanna buy this bridge i have in my garage? ill sell it real cheap!!!!!

What the hell is this crap? What if those are the newly shipped fascinates with Froyo? This screen shot really says absolutely nothing concrete on anything, unless I am simply not well versed in the text. I will concede, that is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermike53 View Post
    hey guys, anybody wanna buy this bridge i have in my garage? ill sell it real cheap!!!!!
    huh? what's that mean?

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts

Yeah so what exactly is the meaning of that photo?

Hate to be the bad guy it's a maintenance release dl09

Quote Originally Posted by Droiddude24 View Post
    Hate to be the bad guy it's a maintenance release dl09
    Hope you're wrong

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo 2.2.1/Kern 2.6.32.9

Can't wait till the rom actually deops offically...if it ever does...unofficial copies are everywhere....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

yeah... I think it means that the Fascinate with 2.2 is coming on jan 10th..
    However, as you guys know, there was a similar photo says that 2.2 will update on late 2010, which didnt happen. so... we dont know yet~

ROM
    DL09/Adrynalyne 12/30

Didn't really get what the picture is supposed to mean, I have heard Froyo coming tomorrow and now 1/10. Hopefully we get it soon.

Yeah calling it mr2 I am pretty sure means "we fixed the calendar bug"... Its going to be DL09... Mark my words.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I don't think this is Froyo folks.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Yeah, "MR2" would be maintenance release, not 2.2...

Truth is, I hope it's a maintenance release...as long as it fixes my GPS. I'll take a quicker GPS lock over Froyo

Wasn't there supposed to be a maintenance release last November? Maybe this is it...?

Oh, well. With Verizon supposedly ditching the ability for 2-year contract people to upgrade phones after a year, getting Froyo later will make my SF seem "new" longer. Right? (At least that's what I keep telling myself...)

the picture says nothing about 2.2 and I can't see us getting 2.2 without any other news prior to this or any leaks of roms/info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gossett View Post
    Yeah, "MR2" would be maintenance release, not 2.2...
    Well 2.2 could be a mr when it drops... but given the hype a designation like OMGHCF1 seems more fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be a maintenance release last November? Maybe this is it...?

Oh, well. With Verizon supposedly ditching the ability for 2-year contract people to upgrade phones after a year, getting Froyo later will make my SF seem "new" longer. Right? (At least that's what I keep telling myself...)
    Funny you mention the 2 year upgrade thing. I really think it's because the iPhone is coming (not that I care for it...love android). this is to prohibit people from doing the 1 year upgrade. just some thought

Purple monkeys ..... grape apes.

I wouldn't say that MR2 means that it won't be Froyo, as the Froyo update will likely be MR3. The last updates to WinMo phones went from WM6.1 to WM6.5 and were labeled as maintenance releases as well, and it would be a similar jump for 2.1 -> 2.2.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Froyo DL30

the issues with the froyo ota builds are that they brick the phones. maybe this MR build adds the KIES ability which is a work around for the ota bricking?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

The same guy that snuck DJ05 out Verizon's Backdoor should have been able to slip the Froyo build out by now too, if it's only a week away from release. I'd bet big time that MR2 is not Froyo.

Well that screenshot on the front page shows the mr2 under moved. Wouldn't that just be the failed DJ09 update that is now moved back or cancled?

I sure hope froyo comes via verizon ota soon, but the dev community is having success with gingerbread so that's coming soon too.
Page 1 of 24 1234 ... LastLast