Search Softkey...always activating by accident

Checkingout

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
For the most part dig the Fascinate, don;t appreciate that I am always activating the search softkey - accidentally. Seems my palm always brushed that darn key and then I am stuck in the search screen.

I know, that should handle phone differently..but have not been able to do so...darn it!

Does anyone know how that button can be temp. disabled or made less sensitive etc.? Or any ideas??

Thanks Kindly!

anon(40232)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I would love to know this too. I hate that damn soft key. When ever I try to operate the phone with one hand, the big part of my thumb will brush over it when trying to reach for the upper left corner.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me a lot when I first got the phone, and sometimes still does due to the quick timeout of those keys. Eventually your muscle memory will adjust, and while you'll still hit it by accident, it won't be as often.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I put a screen protector on mine and my complaint is that it is now too difficult to operate the soft keys.
Are you using a screen protector?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I ended up putting a silicone case on mine to help with just the general wear and tear. In doing that there is a lip on the edge that helps keep my hand/fingers/thumbs off the search key.

Like NickA I got accustomed to attending to where and how my hand was possitioned and I rarely activate it now.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a screen protector (the zagg kind) and it's still pretty easy to hit the search softkey on accident. The protector on the back cover made a huge difference in the way i hold the phone, though. Since it's got some tack to it I find that I no longer grip the phone for dear life; typing can take place with a relaxed hand, and i don't hit the search key on accident nearly as much as i used to.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've had this happen to me a few times, but it's never been a major annoyance. If it's happening to you a lot, I'd suggest some sort of case like the others. A lot of them cover up enough space at the bottom that it makes it more difficult to accidentally hit one of the softkey buttons at the bottom.

Checkingout

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the thoughtful replies. I will check out some case/covers for the phone. If anyone has good recommendations for an inexpensive case, it would be appreciated!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca