No voice through aux jack

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am hoping that someone can help me out with a problem that just cropped up.

I bought a new car, and it has an AUX jack that I can plug my Fascinate into. I can play music through my car's speakers. I can also make a phone call, and hear what people say through the car speakers, but no one can hear me.

I then got my friend's DInc, and tried it out. It works and you can hear both sides of the conversation.

I then tried my phone with a different car (different brand, but it also had an AUX port), and I got the same thing--audio through car speakers, no one can hear me talk.

Is there a setting that I can use that will allow me to use this feature? Thanks for the help. I also could not search this topic because I did not know what to put in for the search.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Kevin, thanks for the quick reply. Just to clarify, just say I had a DInc that had 2.1 on it. It would not work properly either?

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK, the only thing that is supposed to work in 2.2 regarding audio is the audio jacks on the docks.

The SF software locks out the onboard speaker and mic whenever it detects something is plugged in to the phones aux jack.

The jack is a standard 3.5mm sub-mini TRRS jack (1 more ring that the TRS plug on your aux cable) to provided stereo audio and microphone capabilities. All you need is a TRS to TRRS adapter and you'll be good to go. There are several posts on here about it (forum search is your friend) and several adapters with microphones available on Amazon for $10 or less.

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
It is the Fs. My friend has the Epic and the mic works when hooked through the jack. I read in another post on this forum, that the sound canceling mic at the top of the Fs causes it to cancel your voice. Is supposed to be corrected in the update. Just another bug the Fs was released with.

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
It is the Fs. My friend has the Epic and the mic works when hooked through the jack. I read in another post on this forum, that the sound canceling mic at the top of the Fs causes it to cancel your voice. Is supposed to be corrected in the update. Just another bug the Fs was released with.

Dang it. Bought that cable already. If tomorrow's update fixes that I'll return.

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Dang it. Bought that cable already. If tomorrow's update fixes that I'll return.

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

There is no noise cancelling mic on the Fascinate. The only mic is the one located on the bottom of the phone. All noise cancellation is done via sw.