Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WIFI not working ?

Anyone else having trouble with their WIFI not turning on ?? I have tried to turn it on from the top drop menu and also tried from WiFi settings and no luck. It tries to turn on but wont.....anyone with an answer/solution ?

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

i had the same issue with TWO fascinates. i took both of them in and received replacements. it's a hardware flaw and you'll need to get your handset replaced.

ROM
    Glitchy CM9 Kangs Nightly

It won't turn on or it won't connect, not sure if this works but try unplugging your router for about 10 sec then plugging it back

ROM
    You Jelly Huh 2.1

Sucks, I just started to get that problem now. Try to turn the WiFi on and it says unable to scan networks and shuts off. Great, now it looks like I need to replace my Fascinate? Just great...

ROM
    froyo

did u flash a kernel or root?

ROM
    You Jelly Huh 2.1

I was only rooted. I just did a factory reset and my wifi is working now. Go figure. had to re-enable root again, no biggie. Just kinda odd that wifi stopped working. maybe some issue with DL09 causing intermittent issues with wifi connection?!?!?! hopefully its not happening for many of the other fascinate users...
    :-(

ROM
    You Jelly Huh 2.1

Might need to try doing a factory reset. That's how I got my wifi to work again.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

When mine goes into sleep mode or whatever it wont reconnect until I disable wifi and re-enable it. Does anyone know a fix for that? It's already set to never time out, but alas, after a few hours of being idle, I have to reset the wifi for it to work again.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by McBane View Post
    When mine goes into sleep mode or whatever it wont reconnect until I disable wifi and re-enable it. Does anyone know a fix for that? It's already set to never time out, but alas, after a few hours of being idle, I have to reset the wifi for it to work again.
    Settings>wireless and networks>Wifi settings>hit the menu button >advanced>wifi sleep policy>Never
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

ROM
    froyo

my wifi stopped working over night tried another kernel and its a nogo. when i get home from work i am gonna do a back to stock and see what happens. in the mean time does any one kno how to fix it?

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by afbar1114 View Post
    my wifi stopped working over night tried another kernel and its a nogo. when i get home from work i am gonna do a back to stock and see what happens. in the mean time does any one kno how to fix it?
    whats happening? does it just not turn on? or does it turn on and not see networks?

ROM
    froyo

It turns on but doesnt connect to the network

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Settings>wireless and networks>Wifi settings>hit the menu button >advanced>wifi sleep policy>Never
    Read much?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Read much?
    Guess not, at least you were polite about it, Good luck , sorry for the inconvenience
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Hehe no worries, I did kinda word my original question weird. I was/am tired I think its just a wifi flaw because my gf's incredible has no issues with my Linksys E3000.