-- Install from package?
Finding update package?
Opening update package?
Verifying update package?
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

So what is going on?

did you finish downloading the whole rom , this happens sometimes when you try to flash with a partial rom file

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
every time i try to load a custom rom through rom manager it says this:

-- Install from package?
Finding update package?
Opening update package?
Verifying update package?
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

So what is going on?

This just means you don't have Clockworkmod Recovery installed correctly. Just make sure you flashed it to your device via Odin.

n3rdcor3

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
This just means you don't have Clockworkmod Recovery installed correctly. Just make sure you flashed it to your device via Odin.

Im on a Mac so i cant flash it with Odin. After i rooted i downloaded the Rom Manager in the marketplace.

Last edited:

n3rdcor3

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I have another stupid question! Ok so last night after i got Rom Manager to back up my current rom i went to download rom>sonofskywalker3>kernals and then chose adrenalyn's 12/30 test DJ05 & DL09. The phone then preceded to do its download thing and restart. Everything went through like it was supposed to and the phone restarted. I noticed that everything went back to factory. The stuff that i changed to .old as far as bloatware was still gone but all my contacts and downloaded apps were gone. After i re-synced all my contacts and used appbrain to re-download all my apps i realized that i no longer had the superuser icon like i did after i rooted. Am i still rooted?? i was able to still change stuff on root explorer!

I guess my only questions are is that what is supposed to happen when i do a new rom? If i wanted to change to another rom do i just do the same thing through rom manager that i did with this one? And last but not least am i still rooted or do i need to root after i flash the new rom through rom manager??

Any clarification would help a lot!!

n3rdcor3

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I have another stupid question! Ok so last night after i got Rom Manager to back up my current rom i went to download rom>sonofskywalker3>kernals and then chose adrenalyn's 12/30 test DJ05 & DL09. The phone then preceded to do its download thing and restart. Everything went through like it was supposed to and the phone restarted. I noticed that everything went back to factory. The stuff that i changed to .old as far as bloatware was still gone but all my contacts and downloaded apps were gone. After i re-synced all my contacts and used appbrain to re-download all my apps i realized that i no longer had the superuser icon like i did after i rooted. Am i still rooted?? i was able to still change stuff on root explorer!

I guess my only questions are is that what is supposed to happen when i do a new rom? If i wanted to change to another rom do i just do the same thing through rom manager that i did with this one? And last but not least am i still rooted or do i need to root after i flash the new rom through rom manager??

Any clarification would help a lot!!

Can anyone help me with this??

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone help me with this??

not sure what happened there. if i were you i would flash a new rom. make sure you data wipe and format cache. you can do the build your own in rom manager. if that works you will have to setup your phone again, but atleast it will be a fresh start and you know you have any problems.

n3rdcor3

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Well i tried flashing a new rom through the rom manager and it got all the way to the part where it asks if you want to reboot your phone and when i hit ok it does nothing. just stays at the rom manager main menu and doesn't reboot. Im trying the build your own rom right now and its downloading. Ill see what happens when it is finished.

n3rdcor3

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah no luck! After the download I hit ok to reboot the phone and nothing happens. Rom Manager just stays on and it doesn't reboot.

Sent from Fascinate using Tapatalk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
try reflashing cwm in rom manager. this has nothing to do with why it wont restart, its jsut a check to see if ro manager will do any thing. also go to superuser and make sure rom manager has su rights.

n3rdcor3

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
try reflashing cwm in rom manager. this has nothing to do with why it wont restart, its jsut a check to see if ro manager will do any thing. also go to superuser and make sure rom manager has su rights.

i have tried reflash and noting happens. Also when i flased the current rom that im using when it rebooted the superuser icon was gone. I dont know if im even rooted anymore.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers