Unknown Symbol in notification bar, not in manual

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
If i missed it in the manual forgive me, but the symbol looks like a diamond with vertical and horizontal line in the middle and then has 4 wifi looking bars coming out of it. when i turn off Verizon location services off the wifi lines go away but the diamond remains. Never had this before flashing DL09.

Is this new, or something normal? If no one knows what im talking about i will post picture

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok makes sense that when GPS is on it shows the signal bars. Just thought it was odd that wasn't in the manual, but then again when then was written that obviously was not there

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
This was on DJ05 but not DI01. Some of the DJ05 roms/themes get rid of it. Maybe more DL09 stuff will come out now ...

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Superclean 0.9 which is probably why it's there. This is the icon we're talking about in case it's not clear...

snap20110111_152307.png

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
i've been wondering what the heck that is.

i'm running DJ05 and it's always on and doesn't change regardless of whether GPS is toggled on or off.

but it will disappear when a GPS app like Maps is running and thus GPS is actually operating and/or trying to lock on. the "normal" GPS satellite icon replaces it.

so if it's supposed to indicate GPS status it's not doing it correctly or at least not in a way that makes any sense to me.

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
After I installed DI09, it showed up. It looks like the diamond is always there and when you turn on location services (any of the 3), the bars coming off the diamond show up.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
It is not GPS. I believe it is for E911 and location. Once more DL09 themes come available, you should be able to get rid of it. Most developers remove it.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
It is not GPS. I believe it is for E911 and location. Once more DL09 themes come available, you should be able to get rid of it. Most developers remove it.

Bingo, stole the words out of my mouth. It's E911, when you enable location services, the arrows appear. Otherwise it's showing you that you only have location services enabled for 911 calls.

Joel S.

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

Bingo, stole the words out of my mouth. It's E911, when you enable location services, the arrows appear. Otherwise it's showing you that you only have location services enabled for 911 calls.

Bingo, E911. My theme has it hidden, forgot about it. :)

Dcolon14

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
When you enable navigation it disappears and it appeared only after the unwanted update on Jan 14th at 5am. I called verizon and samsung curious of how to turn this icon off but they were clueless. It's alway there and I have no clue how to get rid of it and neither did verizon or samsung

Dcolon14

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
the diamond shaped icon along with the bars on the side, both disappear when you activate navigation. If you go to location and uncheck the verizon and google options you will notice that they both disappear when you do this. But otherwise they're always on :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non