Sync Issues with Exchange

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Two days ago I purchased my first Android phone and so far I love it! I am coming from a BB so there is some learning curve but I am adjusting nicely as of now.

I am having one issue that is worthy of a post. I setup my Exchange account on my SF and am able to get email and sync my contacts and calendar. My issue is that I don't always want to have my email come to my phone, like if I am in the office all day in front of my computer. I wound up going into the account settings for my Exchange account and changed the Email Check Frequency option to Never, Now it will no longer sync my contacts or calendar either.

Is there a way to turn off my email only while retaining the ability to sync my other information?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Two days ago I purchased my first Android phone and so far I love it! I am coming from a BB so there is some learning curve but I am adjusting nicely as of now.

I am having one issue that is worthy of a post. I setup my Exchange account on my SF and am able to get email and sync my contacts and calendar. My issue is that I don't always want to have my email come to my phone, like if I am in the office all day in front of my computer. I wound up going into the account settings for my Exchange account and changed the Email Check Frequency option to Never, Now it will no longer sync my contacts or calendar either.

Is there a way to turn off my email only while retaining the ability to sync my other information?

1. can you setup your email imap? that will all devices synced to that account see the same thing.

or

2. create a second gmail account to sync your contacts to.

havent used exchange before, but if you can set up your computer and your phone up imap, that will give you what you are looking for.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I dont use exchange, i use touchdown., so i dont know if it shows up like goodle does.

but go to settings>accounts and sync>choose your exchange account> and in this screen you should have options of what to sync

sorry if im wrong on that one but since my DX exchange didnt work at all i have been using touchdown which i love.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
1. can you setup your email imap? that will all devices synced to that account see the same thing.

or

2. create a second gmail account to sync your contacts to.

havent used exchange before, but if you can set up your computer and your phone up imap, that will give you what you are looking for.

Can't set it up via IMAP but thanks for the reply.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont use exchange, i use touchdown., so i dont know if it shows up like goodle does.

but go to settings>accounts and sync>choose your exchange account> and in this screen you should have options of what to sync

sorry if im wrong on that one but since my DX exchange didnt work at all i have been using touchdown which i love.

I've heard a lot about Touchdown and might give it a try. I just got the phone this week and wanted to see what all my options are before spending money on software that I think the phone should be able to do on its own.

BTW.... I am right down the road from you just off Rt. 9.

Thanks for the reply.