The "I can't connect my phone to my mac after updating to dl09" thread

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
It seems the new update and Macs don't play nicely together. Aside from the always helpful "get a PC" solutions, please post here if you've figured out a way to connect.

I've tried with/without debugging mode. I've tried in media sync mode, and in mass storage mode. Typically the computer thinks for a few minutes, then comes up with a message that the disk is unreadable. I'm skeptical to try reformatting the card because if that doesn't work I'll lose all of my pictures and music PLUS won't be able to connect to get them back on. It's also not vital that I get this figured out right away since I currently don't have anything new to put on there

But, that being said, if anyone has a (helpful) solution, please post here rather than make people dig through the numerous pages in the other update threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbr05ki

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It seems the new update and Macs don't play nicely together. Aside from the always helpful "get a PC" solutions, please post here if you've figured out a way to connect.

I've tried with/without debugging mode. I've tried in media sync mode, and in mass storage mode. Typically the computer thinks for a few minutes, then comes up with a message that the disk is unreadable. I'm skeptical to try reformatting the card because if that doesn't work I'll lose all of my pictures and music PLUS won't be able to connect to get them back on. It's also not vital that I get this figured out right away since I currently don't have anything new to put on there

But, that being said, if anyone has a (helpful) solution, please post here rather than make people dig through the numerous pages in the other update threads.

You can fix this problem by repalcing the computer you are borrowing from steve and replace it with a PC. :D

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

I tried formatting through the Disk Utility. There would be an error message and it wont let you. Dang this sucks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
its not a mac or pc thing its the phone, some how DL09 is causing these USB support issues
Today i flashed to DI01 after having DL09, i lost USB support, but after OTA , i put it in debug mode, let it sit while it set up the drivers after i unplugged everything was good,,,, when the phone sets up the drivers i guess it configures itself aswell

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried plugging into a PC to set up the drivers. It started the process, but keeps ending with "Failed" .. Bah

This is not cool at all. Update and fix stuff but break something so basic. I may just go back to DI01 or go all the way back to my Samsung Omnia i920.

I still got 14 days to return this phone....

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This is not cool at all. Update and fix stuff but break something so basic. I may just go back to DI01 or go all the way back to my Samsung Omnia i920.

I still got 14 days to return this phone....

it happens with all phones,, look at the DX, why do you think they get updates every other day

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully it gets worked out somewhat soon. It's not often that I need to plug my phone in for anything, but when I do need to I'd very much like it to work properly.

By the way, I deleted my other post before I realized anyone responded to it. I plugged into a PC again and it set up the driver stuff. Unfortunately that doesn't really help me when I use my mac, though..

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
put the phone in debug, plug it in , while the phone is still plugged in, reboot the phone,,,, after restart take it off debug and try to mount it

Reactions: jbr05ki

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Went back to DI01 and now this happens:

EDIT:
enabled debugging, plugged it in, restarted, usb mount. dI01 works again! Gonna stay here to be safe.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
put the phone in debug, plug it in , while the phone is still plugged in, reboot the phone,,,, after restart take it off debug and try to mount it

you don not turn off debugging. just plug it in restart and mout and that should work. you should be able to plugit in and unplug it until you are blue in the face. this only stops when you restart the phone. if you want to plug in after a restart you must restart teathered. if you are not in debugging mode this will not work at all.

Reactions: jbr05ki and cyrmc

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800