Probably A Dumb Question But.......

gbreeze

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I know this is probably a dumb question but is there any way the Telus version of Froyo can be hacked to work on VZW fascinate? Coming from the blackberry world when their were OS updates from a different carrier u could still use that update by removing (don't remember the name of the file thats removed lol) a certain file to use it on the same type of of frequency (cdma or gsm).

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I know this is probably a dumb question but is there any way the Telus version of Froyo can be hacked to work on VZW fascinate? Coming from the blackberry world when their were OS updates from a different carrier u could still use that update by removing (don't remember the name of the file thats removed lol) a certain file to use it on the same type of of frequency (cdma or gsm).

Someone is working on a Froyo version now....but i imagine if it was that easy to take the Telus version someone would have done it already

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The Telus Fascinate us a GSM device, so that would be a very bad idea. Like DroidXCon said though, punkkaos is working on a froyo build, and others are working on a gingerbread build, so there is still hope

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
If there's one thing you can't ever do in the Android world, it's lose all help. Where there's a will, there's a way my friends :)

I'm a total noob (first smartphone) and honestly i've been so frustrated (sort of in a good/new adventure type way) and almost gave up on maximizing the potential of this new toy... but going through the threads, there's always a moderator or veteran with a comment like this that gets us noobs through. Thank you guys for all this info that even a non-techy like me can digest

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
It's what we're all here for dj, I'm glad we've been able to provide some assistance! I know how frustrating it is as a new user, I've been there before, just like we all have. It's all up hill from here! :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers