Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boosh71 View Post
    Will it work from now on or does this have to be done everytime?

Thank you so much by the way!
    This has to be done every time until Verizon decides to fix the mounting issue. To make it a little easier you can open AppleScript Editor from your Utilities folder on your Mac. Type in do shell script "gpt show /dev/disk1" with quotes. Then click on "File" then "Save as" , change the name from "untitled" to something you like then change the File Format to application. Save it to your desktop. From then on when you get to the disk read error, unmount then remount and then double click the app on your desktop, if it does not mount then double click it again. This will save you from having to open terminal and typing in the gpt command every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomad View Post
    This has to be done every time until Verizon decides to fix the mounting issue. To make it a little easier you can open AppleScript Editor from your Utilities folder on your Mac. Type in do shell script "gpt show /dev/disk1" with quotes. Then click on "File" then "Save as" , change the name from "untitled" to something you like then change the File Format to application. Save it to your desktop. From then on when you get to the disk read error, unmount then remount and then double click the app on your desktop, if it does not mount then double click it again. This will save you from having to open terminal and typing in the gpt command every time.
    Thank you so much! This helped. I hope they fix this with android 2.2 (if it ever comes out for the Fascinate).

oh good! I can no longer mount my SF (EB01) to my mac.

I even tried to terminal steps, but nada.

As much as I love the hardware of this phone, i'm so sick of Samsung software. It f'n sucks.

Hopefully I put this in the right thread...

99% of the time when I connect my phone to a computer the touch screen locks up and it will not work. It still responds to the soft keys, but nothing on the main screen. This prevents me from being able to mount and transfer files, or even just use the phone while it is charging.

I have tried it turning debug mode on and off without any difference.
    Phone is not rooted
    Using launcher pro (does not make a difference if I switch back to factory)
    tried multiple cables, but I'm not sure I have tried the cable that the phone came with. Is it special?

Updated to froyo and still have the problem

Firmware version 2.2.1
    Baseband versions:i500.04 v.ED01
    Kernel version 2.6.32.9
    Build number SCH-I500.ed01

Thanks for any help

ROM
    froyo 2.2/EB01

Mine wouldn't mount for love or money till I broke down and rooted/froyo'd from sheepdog's walk thru post, now it hooks up like a dream. Even on my ancient desktop that still runs XP.

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

Default rooting

I agree. I couldn't mount my phone either until I went to Froyo 2.2 and rooted. Now it works perfectly.

Since I couldn't mount it I was worried that I couldn't root. But using ODIN and one of their ROM packages I was still able to do it.

You might consider rooting.

Default Re: everyone having computer connection issues, please post here.

Where do I get ToolLauncer-Bootstrap.exe? Its not in the applications folder of VCast Manager. Any suggestions?

Default Re: everyone having computer connection issues, please post here.

Stock Galaxy Nexus charges when connected to Win 7 pc will not let me transfer pics, music, anything. Still trying to get through to Samsung support!
    PowurPlayr
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910