ip_previous_update_failed dlo9

kuntry973

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
OK I was trying to update and I got this msg. I looked around and found many people who got this msg was rooted. Me I rooted a month ago n unrooted directly after. Do I have to do a factory reset or root to get updated?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK I was trying to update and I got this msg. I looked around and found many people who got this msg was rooted. Me I rooted a month ago n unrooted directly after. Do I have to do a factory reset or root to get updated?

What did you do after you root? did you change anything ?

kuntry973

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Well I rebooted. And tried again. I still got the same message. I don't think I removed any preinstalled apps. If I did how can I check or get them back?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Naw. Not really. But I just factory restored the phone.

and still with the problem, .....ok then we have two options,

we can try to restore the device using odin

or

you can call verizon, tell them the update failed, and most likely the first words out of their mouths will be we are sending you a new phone

DiosMio

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, only the phone is new. The update hangs with a white box with an orange arrow coming out of it - with the yellow progress bar about 1/4 of the way filled.

I tried going to DI01 and DL09, but I am having no luck. Any other ideas? I bought the phone NIB from someone who got it as part of a "buy one get one free" deal, so I'm not sure what tech support will do for me.

What are my options? I want to root the phone and flash a custom rom anyways....I'm still kind of new to this android thing. Is the lack of this update going to matter if I flash CM7 or some other rom?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, only the phone is new. The update hangs with a white box with an orange arrow coming out of it - with the yellow progress bar about 1/4 of the way filled.

I tried going to DI01 and DL09, but I am having no luck. Any other ideas? I bought the phone NIB from someone who got it as part of a "buy one get one free" deal, so I'm not sure what tech support will do for me.

What are my options? I want to root the phone and flash a custom rom anyways....I'm still kind of new to this android thing. Is the lack of this update going to matter if I flash CM7 or some other rom?

Make sure the battery is out the whole time you are trying to flash through ODIN, use usb ports in the back of the computer. If you can power up your phone his the menu soft key on the lower left of the phone then go settings=>about phone, scroll down and tell us what it says for the following:

Firmware version
kernel version
baseband version
build number

chatfouz

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
ok i have same problem. But I just had the phone flashed back to stock rom an hour or two ago by a friend. Will verizon be able to know that the phone was recently flashed back to the stock rom and try to deny helping me update the phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15