Problems with Z4Root (and rooting in general)

ColonelTomato

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I'm new here and finally have an Android (a Samsung Fascinate.) I installed Z4Root yesterday, and managed to root my phone. It worked great! Later in the night I downloaded the new update for the Fascinate, and even after that the phone was still rooted.

This morning, though, the phone was no longer rooted. None of the programs I could use hours before like Titanium Backup said I did not have root access. Worse still, I could not get Z4 to work properly. It gave me the Temporary, Full, and Unroot options. Each option seemed to work fine when I tried to use them, but once it "finished" and went back to the home screen, still not rooted, and eventually caused Z4 to crash, and eventually I had to reboot the phone as well.

Any ideas? Sorry, I'm new to all of this! Thanks!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Did you do a temp root or perm root. Temp root will only keep you rooted until the next time you boot the phone. Try re-installing z4 root and perm root this time, you can still unroot if you have too. Make sure to reboot after it is installed. It should actually re-boot automatically. Sometimes z4's root will not stick on the first try. Re-booting after the installation or a battery pull usually fixes this problem.

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey Cory, the "1 click Fascinate Root V2 zip" process also works for DL09? Sorry if its a dumb question I just thought that maybe it would have been a lil diffrent since its DL09

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey Cory, the "1 click Fascinate Root V2 zip" process also works for DL09? Sorry if its a dumb question I just thought that maybe it would have been a lil diffrent since its DL09

Most of us have not found success using the one click method with DL09 so we have to do it manually now :/

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The only method that worked for me is the one I just posted. I kept getting device not found errors with 1-click, which is why I unstuck it.

ColonelTomato

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the replies! I've tried to use Droidxcon's method though, and I'm unable to get it to work. When I run Start_Root, it pushes all of the files to the phone and restarts it, however, once it is restarted and the the exploit begins to run, it can no longer detect the phone. I've tried re-installing the drivers, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the replies! I've tried to use Droidxcon's method though, and I'm unable to get it to work. When I run Start_Root, it pushes all of the files to the phone and restarts it, however, once it is restarted and the the exploit begins to run, it can no longer detect the phone. I've tried re-installing the drivers, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Have you tried the unplugging method? After it pushes the files and your phone is restarting, unplug the phone until it fully boots back up, then plug it back in to your computer.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I posted a new version. Try it out

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ColonelTomato

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...I used the newest version and everything seemed to work fine this time (after 3-4 minutes it said everything was successful and the root files had been installed) but the applications that I was using before (Titanium Backup, Wireless Tether, etc.) still say I don't have root access. I'm not sure what else could be going wrong.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you reboot your phone after that if it doesn't work run it again
Hmm...I used the newest version and everything seemed to work fine this time (after 3-4 minutes it said everything was successful and the root files had been installed) but the applications that I was using before (Titanium Backup, Wireless Tether, etc.) still say I don't have root access. I'm not sure what else could be going wrong.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ColonelTomato

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've rebooted and attempted to re-root the phone, and it still will not take, even when the program says it was rooted successfully. :( I'm not sure what the problem is...I still have a few apps from when my phone was rooted (including superuser which seems to still be giving some apps permission to run, like AdFree) so I'm wondering if that could be a problem.