Fascinate SD card will not mount on a MAC with DL09/EB01

dgriff945

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i've been trying to add music to my new fascinate since i took it out of the box about 5 hours ago. nothing works. on my old droid all i had to do was plug it in via usb and drag down the notification bar on the phone to mount it. now when i try to mount my fascinate i receive a message on my macbook saying the disk is not readable. i tried to mount my phone when i have usb debugging turned on and that still doesnt work. it should be such an easy thing to do but its turned into hours of frustration. does anyone know what to do????

oh i even wasted 5 bucks on tunesync to try to wirelessly sync my music but that obviously didnt work either.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
i tried to mount my phone when i have usb debugging turned on and that still doesnt work. it should be such an easy thing to do but its turned into hours of frustration. does anyone know what to do????

oh i even wasted 5 bucks on tunesync to try to wirelessly sync my music but that obviously didnt work either.

I assume you tried it with USB debugging off too?

Have you tried a different port on your Mac?

Have you tried rebooting your Mac with your phone plugged in? Some people have reported it mounting properly when they did this.

Personally, I save myself the trouble of transferring over USB & plug the SD card in via an SD card reader.

Are you running the latest update? If so, there's a whole thread about this where people are having issues.

When you do get this fixed, you should try iSyncr. Much better program.

bmccullo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem with my mac as well. Before the DL09 ota update it was just a matter of plugging in the phone... now it acts as if I've inserted a cd.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This isn't the only thread about this. I think us Mac users just got jacked. Hope they will come out with a fix, but I would get that reader ASAP.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't sure which Mac/computer connection thread to post this in.. so I just went with the most recent.
I called Verizon today, and after a long phone conversation we determined the tech support rep knew nothing about the issue.
So I thought I'd attempt to live chat with Samsung.. Also nothing. I didn't really expect any actual help, but I thought it was worth a shot. Hopefully we can figure this out since the people that are paid to help with such issues are pretty much useless.

Visitor: Hi Sean
Sean : Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Visitor: Yesterday I downloaded the dl09 update for the samsung fascinate
Visitor: and now my phone won't connect to my mac
Visitor: I was hoping you could help with that
Sean : I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Visitor: Ok, no problem
Sean : I understand that you can not connect to my mac after downloaded the dl09 update. Unfortunately we do not support Mac Because we are not expertise in Mac.
Sean : I suggest you to contact Samsung voice support so that they can help you further with the issue and provide you complete and detailed information. I am sorry as the issue is still not fix.
Sean : You can reach them at 1-877-EZ2GALAXY (1-877-392-4252), Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST).
Visitor: Ok. Thank you.
Sean : I am sorry ,I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
Sean : You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Visitor: Nope, that's all.

I might try calling the number "Sean" gave me, but I expect the same result

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Help mounting Fascinate to Mac

Hi all. I have an Imac and Samsung fascinate, Im trying to get videos and pictures from the phone to the Imac. USB debugging is on as well as Mass storage. The problem is whenI mount it nothing happens and its not showing up under the finder window. Any ideas please?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to get this working, and I've come to the conclusion it isn't going to. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! I can get it to work fine on a PC but not on the MAC. So in DI01 we had non functional GPS and now in DL09 we have non functional SD card mounting with a MAC. :mad:

tomkam

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
When I first plugged in my Fascinate to my Imac it showed up as a new network. I took it off network from settings then network.

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Here is the screnn

When I plug usb into phone this is the box that shows up.

A new network interface has been detected

Cancel or network preferences

tomkam

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I choose cancel then opened the settings icon opened the network icon click on the fascinate network and hit the minus key to take out the network.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Not just a Mac either. Some people had to jump through hoops to get it to mount on a PC. I can't imagine what a "normal" user would do. You'd think after waiting this long, this update would have been tested a little better.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't sure which Mac/computer connection thread to post this in.. so I just went with the most recent.
I called Verizon today, and after a long phone conversation we determined the tech support rep knew nothing about the issue.
So I thought I'd attempt to live chat with Samsung.. Also nothing. I didn't really expect any actual help, but I thought it was worth a shot. Hopefully we can figure this out since the people that are paid to help with such issues are pretty much useless.

I might try calling the number "Sean" gave me, but I expect the same result

That has to be the most piss-poor excuse I have ever heard from a carrier in my life. I find it kind of ironic they "don't support MAC" when they have the iPhone coming, and already sell the iPad with MiFi.

DawnGP143

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
That has to be the most piss-poor excuse I have ever heard from a carrier in my life. I find it kind of ironic they "don't support MAC" when they have the iPhone coming, and already sell the iPad with MiFi.

I think he was saying that SAMSUNG said they don't support Mac. I was told the same thing by Samsung this morning. Verizon couldn't tell me anything other than to do a hard reset and call them back if it didn't work and they would replace the phone. Apparently the tech support guy I talked to has no clue...no surprise there.

I'm absolutely furious and ready to throw this stupid phone out the window....and stomp it to its slow death when it hits the ground.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Woops, you're right. I read that wrong.

In either event, Samsung should be supporting PC's and MAC's. Just because the majority of users are PC users doesn't mean no one is using a Mac (which in fact, seems to be quite popular here on the forums). And if their attitude is going to be "oh sorry, we don't support Mac so if the update broke it, too bad" -- then even more reason for the crapstorm against them.

DawnGP143

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I was just informed by someone at Verizon that the reason my phone will not mount is because I am not using the USB cord that came with the phone. I cannot believe that is the case. Is everyone out there NOT using the USB cord from the box? Wait...is anyone who is having this trouble using the cord that came with the phone?