Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Fascinate -> 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hello all -

I've recently bought a new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which finally has support for Bluetooth Audio streaming, "from supported devices".

I have the fascinate, and I'm unable to get proper audio streaming to the vehicle. What do I mean? I can pair, and it can start the audio streaming (and it starts the default music player on device), BUT, the audio in the video sounds as if it's in fast-forward mode.. it plays this fast-music for a few seconds, then goes silent, then another few seconds of fast fwd.. continuously.

I've got access to a Droid 2 as well as a HTC Incredible, and only the Droid 2 provides reliable audio streaming to the vehicle. Both my fascinate and the incredible show the same symptoms of the fastaudio/silence.

Now, I'm entirely blaming this on the vehicle.. but, I figured I'd see if any of you have seen similar symptoms with other devices... were there any tricks to get it working?

I've was on thatdudebutch's DJ05 at first.. I then updated the Kernel a few times to see if that would change the success.. no luck.
I've now loaded the DL09 stock VzW on the phone and it too has the same symptoms..

At this point I've pretty much resigned to just sticking with an AuxAudio cable for now, and then upgrading to one of the 4G phones this year which would hopefully fix this feature.

I'll also be driving into the Jeep dealership this week to ensure that the MediaCenter is fully updated.

Thanks to anyone that has thoughts or ideas for things to try.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Wow I sure hope it's not a phone issue...I just got a bluetooth audio streaming capable stereo for Christmas (hasn't been installed yet). But streaming from my phone was THE only reason I even asked for it. I was perfectly happy with the stock player otherwise. I'm gonna be ticked when I do finally get it installed if it doesn't work.

Hopefully others with experience will post. I won't be able to follow up til February 14th.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i have a sony car stereo that works great. the only thing i can think of is that the car stereo and the phone are using to different bt protocals. have you taken it to the dealership? also there are settings in the phone that can be adjusted. maybe you can go by a verizon store and see if another fascinate will work. if i think of anythings else, i will post. let us know what happens.

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the initial feedback.. I will be taking the Jeep in this week for some follow-up work for the "protection plan".. I do plan on informing them of the issues at that time to see what they say.

Thanks!

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi TripSixes, how do you like the new Jeep? I just purchased a 2010 Wrangler Rubicon, Mango Tango color. I love it. 6-spd. It's of course my fourth Jeep, I'm not new to Jeeps at all! Last one was a 2007 Wrangler X. Amazing off road!

I was looking for more off road use then fanciness, so I didn't get the '11s with similar interior to the Grand Cherokee's.

Good luck with it =)

Here's a great forum you can visit for anything Jeep related, I am on there as mack87.

This is for a 2011 Sahara JK Wrangler, it has the same radio though: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/a2dp-streaming-poor-sound-quality-1125878/

Try posting see if anyone has corrected the issue yet. Good luck.

Last edited:

MHB1638

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My 2011 Dodge Ram Sport has exact same issue. Not sure what's up. Its absolutely the worst when I try to do Pandora and bluetooth connect....ugh horrible!

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi TripSixes, how do you like the new Jeep? I just purchased a 2010 Wrangler Rubicon, Mango Tango color. I love it. 6-spd. It's of course my fourth Jeep, I'm not new to Jeeps at all! Last one was a 2007 Wrangler X. Amazing off road!

I was looking for more off road use then fanciness, so I didn't get the '11s with similar interior to the Grand Cherokee's.

Good luck with it =)

Here's a great forum you can visit for anything Jeep related, I am on there as mack87.

This is for a 2011 Sahara JK Wrangler, it has the same radio though: A2DP Streaming - Poor Sound Quality - JeepForum.com

Try posting see if anyone has corrected the issue yet. Good luck.

This, as well, is my fourth Jeep... fourth Jeep Grand Cherokee (2001, 2005, 2008, 2011). This is by far the most luxurious of them all. I've actually taken a step backwards from the Overland (5.7 hemi, 4x4, dvd, navigation, running boards, etc) to this 2011 Laredo X. Extremely happy, the Overland was just too much for me.

As for my bluetooth issue.. I took the vehicle in today for something else, and I mentioned the problem to them. Their immediate response was, "Do you have an iPhone 4?".. I quickly corrected them that it was Android. The guy went on to state that Chrysler is working on an update to the Media unit that should fix the iPhone issues. For the moment, I'm going to sit back, wait for the update, and hope that whatever they push into the jeep also benefits my Fascinate.

A bit of extra information. I was able to connect my Fascinate to a cheap Bluetooth adaptor which support audio streaming. I was able to listen to all audio from the phone on that device with no issues. So, further confirmation that it's not solely the phone, and not solely the Jeep, but a combination of their communication that is causing the issue.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
This, as well, is my fourth Jeep... fourth Jeep Grand Cherokee (2001, 2005, 2008, 2011). This is by far the most luxurious of them all. I've actually taken a step backwards from the Overland (5.7 hemi, 4x4, dvd, navigation, running boards, etc) to this 2011 Laredo X. Extremely happy, the Overland was just too much for me.

As for my bluetooth issue.. I took the vehicle in today for something else, and I mentioned the problem to them. Their immediate response was, "Do you have an iPhone 4?".. I quickly corrected them that it was Android. The guy went on to state that Chrysler is working on an update to the Media unit that should fix the iPhone issues. For the moment, I'm going to sit back, wait for the update, and hope that whatever they push into the jeep also benefits my Fascinate.

A bit of extra information. I was able to connect my Fascinate to a cheap Bluetooth adaptor which support audio streaming. I was able to listen to all audio from the phone on that device with no issues. So, further confirmation that it's not solely the phone, and not solely the Jeep, but a combination of their communication that is causing the issue.

Awesome a fellow Jeeper :cool:

What bluetooth adapter did you buy? I want to get one to plug in my Aux Input so I can stream bluetooth to my stereo.

btqy

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this has to do with it, but if you have a regular bluetooth headset it will pair up with the Fascinate, but in order to listen to MUSIC it has to be A2DP compatable or it will not work. Perhaps the stereo is not have A2DP. Just a thought.
I was going to get a BOSE newest and greatest but after looking at the spec it did not have A2DP and said it would NOT play music.

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this has to do with it, but if you have a regular bluetooth headset it will pair up with the Fascinate, but in order to listen to MUSIC it has to be A2DP compatable or it will not work. Perhaps the stereo is not have A2DP. Just a thought.
I was going to get a BOSE newest and greatest but after looking at the spec it did not have A2DP and said it would NOT play music.

Your info is correct, and I can confirm that the 2011 jeep is A2DP compatible..

Via Tapatalk on SGS Fascinate.

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Awesome a fellow Jeeper :cool:

What bluetooth adapter did you buy? I want to get one to plug in my Aux Input so I can stream bluetooth to my stereo.

It is actually a friend's... But I think he said it's called, "HP Bluetooth Pendant".. He must have picked it up at the end of the production run, cause he can't find it in stores anywhere.

I think this is as close as I can find for what he got.

http://www.inandoutcomputers.com/p-403-new-hp-bluetooth-pendant-headphone-wireless-kd031aa.aspx

Via Tapatalk on SGS Fascinate.

x5dubious

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Fascinate -> 2011 Jeep Grand Chero

I know this thread is old but I had this same issue and finally found a working solution. It worked with my RBZ radio with the uconnect add-on and my samsung galaxy s2 phone. I signed up to post the solution so please forgive the formatting of the appropriate links that follow. It wouldn't let me post links otherwise.

The buffering problem or the speed up and then pause effect is actually caused by the uconnect module. The fix is to update the module with new firmware.

Here's the file you need.
ww w.mediafire.com /?ym7cudem8c9lb96
I put it on a usb stick and put it in the console / glove box USB port (not the front port). Then you hold down the phone button until it starts the update. The update takes forever and beeps until it's done.

Here's a thread that talks about it working in various other radios and with the iphone, but it works with the RBZ and android phones too.
ww w.jk-forum.com /showthread.php?187381-RES-130-Uconnect-update-to-fix-Bluetooh-Audio-Streaming-and-USB-for-iPod-and-iPhone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci