1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Need serious help!!!! I have researched!!!

Ok so I got the stupid update to my Fascinate the other day and dummy me forgot to unroot my device. Now, because I am a MAC user, I can not longer access the sd card to root my phone. I also tired Z4 and this is not working either.

I currently have superuser.apk still on my apps list, but it is non functional and quite annoying. Obviously I cannot remove it either unless I have root access. It is like I am in a catch 22 here......PLEASE supply me with some great wisdom I have yet to discover by googling!

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Yes AC supply this guy! I and he wait for wisdom, ha ha....hang tough bro the AC squad is coming...and if they don't I WILL help..no links required....
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

I was in the same boat with my wife's Fascinate last night. ADB rooting wouldn't take, just got the "already installed" error. If you can, I would bootcamp a Windows partition so you have access to Odin for times like these. Using Adrynalyne's modified CWM/root package, I was able to fix it

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gossett View Post
    I was in the same boat with my wife's Fascinate last night. ADB rooting wouldn't take, just got the "already installed" error. If you can, I would bootcamp a Windows partition so you have access to Odin for times like these. Using Adrynalyne's modified CWM/root package, I was able to fix it
    Yup and if that doesnt work ill see if i can help find a way to no computer root via terminal emulator
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

can any one say nandroid your first root and be gold....

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

If so TU works, if not it won't....
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Yup and if that doesnt work ill see if i can help find a way to no computer root via terminal emulator
    Tried this too, though I'm not as savvy with ADB as I probably should be... if you can sort that out, I would love to know

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Tried this too, though I'm not as savvy with ADB as I probably should be... if you can sort that out, I would love to know
    ill make that my project tonight and let you know
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

You, reading this, learn from folly, nandroid your first root and be sbf gold.....OP solly good luck these AC guys will take full responsibility....

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Instead of bootcamp for Mac I would use parallel desktop as it will allow you to run windows the same time as osx plus you can share your Mac folders w/ the virtual machine. This way you don't have to create separate folders. You have access to windows and osx at the same time.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

I don't believe Odin works in Parallels or VMware

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

i have found no differance between dj05 and dl09 except that dl09 sucks and broke my phone. i will stick with dj05 thank you very much.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

OK so I somehow got my Mac to push busybox and su. I had to do this in order to get su access again to remove the original root. I can delete any system file now, except superuser. Any suggestions. I just want to be stock again with dj05. I am done with Samsung!

If I acquire a windows PC and I use Odin to flash dj05 stock.....will that remove all root files?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Yes it will. While in ADB, did you try removing superuser with the commands at the bottom of Cory's first post in the "how to root on a Mac " thread?

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't believe Odin works in Parallels or VMware
    You might be right. When I had a blackberry and it went belly up. I tried for hours trying to get thief program to work in parallels, but that was version 4. Version 6 is a lot more advance. I have version 6 but I don't want to root my device or jack it up. Anyone else have any experience in case I get crazy and want to try this.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by IamGOV View Post
    I just want to be stock again with dj05. I am done with Samsung!

If I acquire a windows PC and I use Odin to flash dj05 stock.....will that remove all root files?

be careful. if you are planning to return the phone, you need to have either, di01 or dl09, unrooted. dj05 is a leak rom. it will get you a $500 bill from vzw.

If you want, I can flash my phone back to dj05 stock and make a.cwm backup for you to flash. I would think that as long as update.zip is on your sd card you should be able to get into cwm. Pm me if you would like that
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Thanks to everyone! Oddly enough here is how I solved my issue.

Went through Cory's steps about 50 times....it would root, but would not unroot. Well, correction it would just not delete superuser.

I figured that since z4 created this problem I would attempt to use it to fix....yeah bad idea

Finally I rooted with Cory's steps again. I downloaded a system unistaller apparently. Unistalled superuser. Went back through Cory's steps and rooted that way.

I now have a rooted phone that can be unrooted successfully at any time! I tried already.....LOL.