Forum poster on XDA allegedly spills the beans on why we wount get 2.2...

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I wish they would just tell us if they are working on it and give us a ETA. I mean, it would shut everyone up.

Every ETA Samsung has given us for the Froyo build has indeed shut everyone up for that time period. HOWEVER since we have recieved so many ETA's (For the new people, End Of September, End of October, By Thanksgiving, Every Samsung Galaxy S will be on Froyo by the new year, numerous tweets to back them up) people are reluctant to believe anything that Sammie is putting out in terms of an ETA. At this point we arn't going to be happy till either the developers finally get the ROM up and running (Great job JT and Kaos all the other devs working on the project for all the work you guys are doing.) Or Sammie put out the announcement and pushes the update to us. I have a slim... tiny....miniscule hope that maybe the MWC is where they will release some information on the update. Not holding my breathe but it would be a great place to announce it.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
That actually makes a HUGE difference, cdma vs. gsm.

I think I spotted it:

Code:
while(gsm)
{
calls.allow(true);
data.allow(true);
}

;)

but seriously, do you honestly think it slowed them to the point where the euro GSM versions got froyo but the american versions with gsm radios are still waiting in limbo?

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yes I do.

And you should too, because thats parts of it. Probably not all of it, of course. Spend a few days sifting through the kernel to realize how bad at code Samsung is. Then there is the POS hacked RIL...

Then go through a GSM kernel, or hell, even a kernel for the Epic. All this hack jobbery for VZW GARBAGE is breaking everything. The new cd rom bug in DL09? From that same crap. If you try to remove it, it implodes. Therefore, we have to mickey mouse it, and disable, and/or trick it.

GaryA

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Read somewhere Samsung is having a real tough time with the code. Released versions have already bricked two carriers phones. I think all the bloatware is coming back to bite them. After the Dl09 the weather part of the Fancy Widget doesn't work anymore. Think of trying to get all the rest of the crap to work that they have put on these phones.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes I do.

And you should too, because thats parts of it. Probably not all of it, of course. Spend a few days sifting through the kernel to realize how bad at code Samsung is. Then there is the POS hacked RIL...

Then go through a GSM kernel, or hell, even a kernel for the Epic. All this hack jobbery for VZW GARBAGE is breaking everything. The new cd rom bug in DL09? From that same crap. If you try to remove it, it implodes. Therefore, we have to mickey mouse it, and disable, and/or trick it.

I think you and JT should put together a quote for an Aosp based froyo build (man hours times a practical rate plus overhead) and leave it on Verizon's doorstep. If there is any truth to the charged upgrade story or the epic ineptitude story, you two could stand to make a lot of money (unless you really like your day jobs)...

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I think you and JT should put together a quote for an Aosp based froyo build (man hours times a practical rate plus overhead) and leave it on Verizon's doorstep. If there is any truth to the charged upgrade story or the epic ineptitude story, you two could stand to make a lot of money (unless you really like your day jobs)...

Jt should. Im not smart enough to figure out how to do the stuff he does, sadly.

But I agree :D

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I think I figured this out, I don't know why it didn't dawn on me earlier. All the Samsung coders are probably hiding out playing StarCraft 2 on company time.

I bet they play Zerg too, those jerks.....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress