Very Poor Battery Life...

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Greetings,
I'g getting a plucky 4.5 hours out of my Fascinate, and I'm concerned. I've returned one already for 3 dead pixels, that was such a pain. I just want to know if it could be that I have TERRIBLE service where I work (I'm a teacher). I was wondering if the radio because it's tirelessly searching for a signal. Thoughts?

Thanks!

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
that's probably the problem if your phone is constantly searching for a signal. you can check by going to settings=>About Phone=>Battery Use and see what is killing your battery. just to warn you though, cell standby, at least on my phone, is the highest usage at ~45%. I usually get a day and a half out of my phone on moderate usage generally. but if you see your cell standby is 80% or higher, then the phone searching for a signal is probably what's killing the battery.

Reactions: techno_techie

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
^^
What @jackmei2 said. You can put your phone in Airplane mode when you get to school to keep it from searching, that may help.

Also, make sure you aren't running any task killers.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
i have lost 8% battery in an hour what is going on. i am using the 12/30 nonvoodoo.. what is another good kernel to make the phone faaster and better battery life

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My battery is going dead crazy fast too im not rooted and really cant get the whole rooting thing that good so thats out. But like if i have my phone turned off and pluged in it shows 100% but then when i turn it on it drops all the way to 96% for just turning it on and if i check a email it drops fast like i can go down 10% in less then 10 mins. and if im talking or texting i can drop 50% in just my hour lunch break. I really think somthing is wrong with my phone or battery, i even tryed a factory reset thinking somthing was running and shouldnt but didnt help. Any ideas. On big reason on not rooting is i am dyslectic so reading all this really well its hard to do wished there was a video with someone talking so i could hear it.

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, yo. I checked it out, and I think it was the cell standby. When I would check the phone at school, I'd lose connection, and there very . GPS app also seems to drain battery quickly. Today was better - about 9 hours with the occasional phone call.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, yo. I checked it out, and I think it was the cell standby. When I would check the phone at school, I'd lose connection, and there very . GPS app also seems to drain battery quickly. Today was better - about 9 hours with the occasional phone call.

try an app called juice defender. also set cpu

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
try an app called juice defender. also set cpu

I'm back to stock since the DL09 update, and I'm not going to root until there's another Froyo rumor, since it's a pain to go back and forth. But I will keep those in mind for when I root again and use a different kernel. Thanks for the suggestion.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm back to stock since the DL09 update, and I'm not going to root until there's another Froyo rumor, since it's a pain to go back and forth. But I will keep those in mind for when I root again and use a different kernel. Thanks for the suggestion.

i can understand your frustration, but rooting just got easier. check out the root + cwm thread.

put your fav rooted rom on your sd card

flash red cwm in odin

boot into recovery

flash new rom

just an opinion, but dj05 is way better than dl09.

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
i can understand your frustration, but rooting just got easier. check out the root + cwm thread.

put your fav rooted rom on your sd card

flash red cwm in odin

boot into recovery

flash new rom

just an opinion, but dj05 is way better than dl09.

Interesting! I did it the new, old school way with cwm, z4root, etc. I ran DJ05, totally digging the super clean, but I agree with Cory that I like some of the Samsung eye-candy with the debloated DL05. I might do this Sunday afternoon. :)

deferom

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Just throwing it out there, but I rooted and installed a custom ROM and my battery life got a whole lot better.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Interesting! I did it the new, old school way with cwm, z4root, etc. I ran DJ05, totally digging the super clean, but I agree with Cory that I like some of the Samsung eye-candy with the debloated DL05. I might do this Sunday afternoon. :)

if you are crazy (you must be if you dont agree with me ;) ) there is a dl09 superclean. and yes this alone will improve you battery some. the more you root and flash stuff the easier it gets. dont hold your breath on froyo. we will get it from kaos or jt1134 or adry, one of our indie devs long before sammy or vzw.

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
if you are crazy (you must be if you dont agree with me ;) ) there is a dl09 superclean. and yes this alone will improve you battery some. the more you root and flash stuff the easier it gets. dont hold your breath on froyo. we will get it from kaos or jt1134 or adry, one of our indie devs long before sammy or vzw.

Oh, I am most def. crazy because I voodooed as a first time root-er, unvoodooed, supercleaned, flashed roms and more roms and kernels. I mean, it's super easy, once you have the process down, but it IS time consuming, and I'm maxed for time between a fulltime job (for parttime pay), and 4 graduate classes at two different universities (I told you I was crazy!). I think red cwm would help this, since I didn't use that method last time. I'll do that Sunday. Saturday is too busy to sit down and meddle.

PS, I most definitely feel like there is one person who has alluded to knowing more than the rest of us about the update. And while it's through only one comment here or there, I think we'll have it before the end of February. The DL09 update being a necessary precursor, I think Froyo is on it's way.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I am most def. crazy because I voodooed as a first time root-er, unvoodooed, supercleaned, flashed roms and more roms and kernels. I mean, it's super easy, once you have the process down, but it IS time consuming, and I'm maxed for time between a fulltime job (for parttime pay), and 4 graduate classes at two different universities (I told you I was crazy!). I think red cwm would help this, since I didn't use that method last time. I'll do that Sunday. Saturday is too busy to sit down and meddle.

PS, I most definitely feel like there is one person who has alluded to knowing more than the rest of us about the update. And while it's through only one comment here or there, I think we'll have it before the end of February. The DL09 update being a necessary precursor, I think Froyo is on it's way.

i hope im wrong. i still think we will get a working froyo from our devs before sammy. yeah it is tim consuming to set your phone back once you flash a new rom. im getting pretty quick. i have flash a rom 6 times today. i know, i know, i have problems.

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Support group time for you... ;) I didn't say that I thought the OTA would come before the leak...we ALWAYS get the leak plus nonbloat before le Smsg gets on it...And knowing how much of this works, we will get it gift wrapped from the devs.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i hope im wrong. i still think we will get a working froyo from our devs before sammy. yeah it is tim consuming to set your phone back once you flash a new rom. im getting pretty quick. i have flash a rom 6 times today. i know, i know, i have problems.

For a while I was thinking devs had given up on the Fascinate, but I'm hoping the Froyo/Vibrant situation and the release of DL09 will be changing that.

techno_techie

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, update on battery:

Back at school, unplugged, in the morning, having been there less than an hour, Cell Standby was at 43%. That's what's killing. I think also that I have my school-based emails on a 5 minute check (Push works for 3 days then stops functioning). I think I might buy a second battery though - any suggestions for where?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney