Launcher Pro Installation Error. Little Help Please!

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I saw that there was an update to Launcher Pro. Upon downloading the update I am getting an Installation Error. The Error states: Package File Was not Signed Correctly. I have tried downloading the file several times and restarted my phone and the market. Still same results. Anyone have an idea as to what would cause the error?

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Try checking the allow third party apps in settings. Sounds like it is not recognizing the market signature. Thus, allow third party apps and it may overlook the signature.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jisley10

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I uninstalled the application then tried to redownload it and now it says update is incompatible. Is anyone else with a fascinate having this problem with the update?

FNDomination

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I was maybe going to try out this launcher pro thing. However, is it something that I will mess with my phone when the froyo update comes along? I am a noob on these issues!

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I was maybe going to try out this launcher pro thing. However, is it something that I will mess with my phone when the froyo update comes along? I am a noob on these issues!

from what i understand it doesnt mater if its froyo or not it works on both but its a great launcher replacement

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
the only times i have had a problem with the market it was a bad kernel flash. you may try that. also the guys in the apps section of the web site may have more info for you. there alot more people there because its people from every android phone.

oh, another thing you may try is a factory reset, if doesnt work factory reset, the use a differnet email address when you set up your phone. i could not get screeen suite to dl until i tried that. it was the only freakin app that wouldnt dl. boy was i dosapointed when i fonally got. any way good luck.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I saw that there was an update to Launcher Pro. Upon downloading the update I am getting an Installation Error. The Error states: Package File Was not Signed Correctly. I have tried downloading the file several times and restarted my phone and the market. Still same results. Anyone have an idea as to what would cause the error?

you are having a problem installing it because Superdark rom has launcher pro built into the rom. you need to get a different rom to use it from the market

Reactions: jisley10

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So I won't be able to update LP at all because I'm running the super dark ROM?

install adw. move adw to your system/app. restart phone. when your phone boots up select adw. delete launcher pro frim your system/app folder. restart. download launcher pro. move it to the system app folder. delete adw. restart.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
that's a lot of restarts to move from one launcher to another... is that all completely necessary? esp moving adw to system/app?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
that's a lot of restarts to move from one launcher to another... is that all completely necessary? esp moving adw to system/app?

ive done this a thousand time. so to answer you question, yesno. lol. deleting launcher pro absolutely. pretty much you need to restart if things start to force close. but once every thing gets installed, moved, deleted, installed, moved, and deleted you should restart. so basicly, go until you start force closing and pick up where you left off. all the restarting may or may not be nessicary. i have had it go both ways. let us know how it goes for you.

FNDomination

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I want to take the plunge in a launcher. I think I want to try ADW because I am not much for widgets.

Now, once I install this thing, I have to delete touchwiz? How exactly do I do that? I have done a little poking around on the forums and I am coming up empty. Also, if I am deleting touchwiz, do I have to factory reset to get it back?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I want to take the plunge in a launcher. I think I want to try ADW because I am not much for widgets.

Now, once I install this thing, I have to delete touchwiz? How exactly do I do that? I have done a little poking around on the forums and I am coming up empty. Also, if I am deleting touchwiz, do I have to factory reset to get it back?

that applies to any luancher. you will either delete it or rename it to have .old on the end. i just deleted it. i only need one launcher. dont freak out when it starts force closing, the restart will fix that. if you delete touch wiz your contacts wont sync to face book. i dont care about that but you might so keep that in mind.

you will need root explorer. dont forget to mount r/w in system/app.

adw ex is my fav. launcher pro is good as well. i just like adw better. to be honest touch wiz isnt a bad luncher. i would use it over zeam or go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084