Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phommk View Post
    Same problem. Not rooted- stock DL09. Launcher pro.

Apps:
    Beautiful widgets
    Angry Birds
    Facebook
    Gesture Search
    Flashlight
    Gmail
    Google Goggles
    History Eraser
    Power Control
    Retro Camera
    Tango
    Shootme
    Yelp
    Scanlife
    So far you are the only person claiming to be non rooted that can replicate this.

Could you try going into Menu/Settings/Applications and remove the "Defaults" Setting for Launcher Pro and see if this persists when using the stock launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    So far you are the only person claiming to be non rooted that can replicate this.

Could you try going into Menu/Settings/Applications and remove the "Defaults" Setting for Launcher Pro and see if this persists when using the stock launcher?
    the op also is not rooted...but i went back to stock launcher and i was able to access the emergency dialer so im guessing it has something to do with a third party launcher?

EDIT: I just switched back to launcher pro from touchwiz as my default launcher and now the emergency dialer works
    Last edited by phommk; 01-22-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

the op also is not rooted...but i went back to stock launcher and it worked fine so im guessing it has something to do with a third party launcher?
    chris kerrigan is using stock launcher and has this problem
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    chris kerrigan is using stock launcher and has this problem
    Chris Kerrigan is rooted. So....

i went back to stock launcher and i was able to access the emergency dialer so im guessing it has something to do with a third party launcher?

EDIT: I just switched back to launcher pro from touchwiz as my default launcher and now the emergency dialer works
    So if it fails again, maybe try going into Launcher Pro Settings, and select Restart to see if it corrects the problem?

I often have to restart launcher pro for the contents of desktop folders do not show the correct icons.

So if it fails again, maybe try going into Launcher Pro Settings, and select Restart to see if it corrects the problem?

I often have to restart launcher pro for the contents of desktop folders do not show the correct icons.
    yeah, it was probably because ive never restarted launcher pro since ive installed it on my phone and more specifically after the dl09 update

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Root is just root . Is just moved files nothing to do with anything. Root just gives you permissions

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

OK, I am rooted Stock DL09 kernal no CWM and have the Go Launcher running. I reloaded TW and checked the emergency dialer, it worked. So I removed TW, back to .OLD, restarted and now the Emergency is working.

I hope this helps.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by curley View Post
    OK, I am rooted Stock DL09 kernal no CWM and have the Go Launcher running. I reloaded TW and checked the emergency dialer, it worked. So I removed TW, back to .OLD, restarted and now the Emergency is working.

I hope this helps.
    did it ever not work for you curley?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Not anymore.

3 Fascinates, 1 rooted, 2 not. All 3 are fine. TW on the 2 that aren't rooted.

ROM
    Almost stock

I am not rooted and niether is my wife and both our phones had this problem. So root nor launcher has anything to do with it! But I reflashed DI01 thru Odin and problem went away, So I downloaded the OTA again and all seems fine now. My wife doesnt trust me to mess with her phone and she will be getting a new one from vzw on monday. According to vzw warranty rep, it wasnt the first fascinate he replaced for this issue. Take it for what its worth.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just an update guys:

Performed a factory reset, kept everything completely stock, and remained UNROOTED. Still able to produce this bug, and zero response from GalaxySsupport or VZW on Twitter...

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

3 cups of coffee later, a total of 5 resets, 2 of which were starting over from DI01, it appears we have a fix for those seeing this issue. Wanna know how simple?

Simply restart your phone after setting your pattern lock. Now excuse me while I go bash my head off my wall. Can someone who has been having this issue verify that this works?

Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    3 cups of coffee later, a total of 5 resets, 2 of which were starting over from DI01
    Story of my life.

Simply restart your phone after setting your pattern lock.
    I never had to do that. Glad you figured it out though

Now excuse me while I go bash my head off my wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    3 cups of coffee later, a total of 5 resets, 2 of which were starting over from DI01, it appears we have a fix for those seeing this issue. Wanna know how simple?

Simply restart your phone after setting your pattern lock. Now excuse me while I go bash my head off my wall. Can someone who has been having this issue verify that this works?
    This fixed mine! Thanks
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrance View Post
    This fixed mine! Thanks
    Excellent, thanks! Any one else who sees this working please let us know

ROM
    froyo

apprently this is a known issue with our phone after we got the update Samsung Fascinate Emergency Calling Bug Discovered After Update | PhoneNews.com

so does this mean we are going to be seeing another update this week and have to reroot again...ugh!!!

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by afbar1114 View Post
    apprently this is a known issue with our phone after we got the update Samsung Fascinate Emergency Calling Bug Discovered After Update | PhoneNews.com

so does this mean we are going to be seeing another update this week and have to reroot again...ugh!!!
    Check the fix. They also cited us, we were the first to report on this

This is the copy pasted version of a post I commented on the video in regards to the emergency call bug... Hope this helps I can gladly add more information if requested.

I am using a stock fascinate with DL09 not rooted or de-binged.. Using apps such as lookout mobile security, facebook for android some sports apps, weather app etc.. Nothing too major I dont believe.. And yes when I went to test this bug it happened to me! Cannot use emergency dialer when set to use the unlock pattern. So I believe my phone to be proof that it is effecting random phones for a pretty unknown reason? I've been researching stuff for days in regards to other bugs and the infamous 2.2 update...

Ok, now I tried one thing that did allow it to work properly.. I restarted my phone, reactivated unlock pattern and tried emergency dialer again.. This time it worked as it should! So honestly its quite confusing as to why its working for some and not for others.. Looks like something internal that will take some research on vzw or samsungs part. Like I said before I am not rooted using the phone completely standard, at first emergency dialer did not work then after restarting my phone it did work.. Could it be possible that the others having this issue may have tried the same without restarting? My only idea is that the phone requires a restart after activating the unlock pattern feature for the emergency dialer will work properly. Please give this method a try and post your findings so we can all further investigate this matter.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    froyo

i dont even have that dialer i am using asops lock fix to get the sliders which is better well at least to me

ROM
    Stock

The fix mentioned above worked for me. Turned off patern lock. Then turned it back on. Rebooted phone and it now emergency calling works. Thank you guys for finding a fix.

"Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
    Thanked by:

Haha, looks as if I didn't read into it far enough before I thought I had found a fix for the issue myself lol... Well at least I was able to figure it out on my own before I got this far into the comments/forums LOL!

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

YAY! It's still a bug nonetheless, as you shouldn't have to restart for it to work, but a much less severe bug needless to say. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

ROM
    Stock

Thank you Chris for finding the fix!

"Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cordoni View Post
    Thank you Chris for finding the fix!

I can't take full credit here. We had a tweet come our way, I am just the tester and messenger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast