1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB disconnects during file transfer

After mounting my Fascinate and beginning to transfer a large number of music files, during the middle of the transfer it will just dismount. The phone still thinks it's mounted, but I can't access it anymore and have to start the process over again. I have around 6,000 files I want to transfer...and not have to sit by the computer and wait for it. Anyone else have this issue, and any suggestions as to what I should do? Thanks!

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by bottlerocket View Post
    After mounting my Fascinate and beginning to transfer a large number of music files, during the middle of the transfer it will just dismount. The phone still thinks it's mounted, but I can't access it anymore and have to start the process over again. I have around 6,000 files I want to transfer...and not have to sit by the computer and wait for it. Anyone else have this issue, and any suggestions as to what I should do? Thanks!
    details. are you rooted? did you update? details

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by bottlerocket View Post
    Try this
    Use USB ports on the back of the computer,

shut off any anti-virus programs

Settings>applications>development>debugging mode/stay awake
    then mount

make sure your power settings on the computer are set to never sleep or hibernate
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Try this
    Use USB ports on the back of the computer,
    That worked. Thanks!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Anytime