32GB microSDHC card?

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Cory, are you saying that the SanDisc Verizon sells is actually faster that the class10 Lexar? Isn't the Sandisk a class 2?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If it's an authentic 32GB SanDisk card (mine shipped directly from them), it should have a 2 stamped on it.

Class determines the minimum write speed a card must meet for the designated class.

Class 2 = 2 MB/s
Class 4 = 4 MB/s
Class 6 = 6 MB/s
Class 10 = 10 MB/s

Both cards were freshly formatted. Benchmarking tests results from SiSoftware. If I'm reading these results correctly, the Lexar falls short of a Class 10, and the SanDisk could pass for a Class 4. At the price you can get a SanDisk card for, vs. the Lexar, I really question whether the slight lead Lexar has in the combined results really justifies the extra money.

SpeedResults-1.png

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Think I will just pick up the Sandisk from Verizon with my 20% discount on the 99 card. Was leery that the Lexar was actually worth the premium.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The Verizon card is an awesome deal with the discount. That's how I got mine. Unfortunately it died about a month after I got it because I didn't unmount it first. It took 3 months for SanDisk to send me a knew one, so I now have 2 of them because I couldn't wait that long for a replacement.

unklsckness

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Curse them....Verizon!

I just tried to order the card with the online discount price for $99 for the 32gb sdhc and I am supposed to get an employee discount of 25% which will not work. The told me that the dscount price is greater than my employee discount of the off the regular price so they will not give it to me. They Suck!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That is a bummer. At one point, full price was $99.99, and then you could use your employee discount after that. At least I think that's the way it was o_O

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey Cory,
I was looking at this:
Amazon.com: SanDisk 32GB MicroSDHC High Speed Class 4 Card with MicroSD to SD Adapter and USB Reader: Electronics

What do you think?

I know sandisk is not making anymore classifications on their cards. They will all be class 4 minimum....

I got the same one but the Class 10 about a month ago. I had a $20.00 gift card at Amazon so I paid the same price as the one you are linking.

The best part is the shipper screwed up and sent me TWO for the price of ONE.

LMAO 2, 32GB Class 10 cards for $76.00. I could not beat that anywhere :D

mattkim217

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
So how are the new SD cards working for you guys? Are the class 10 cards too much for the phone to handle? What class worked for you best? What brand was it? Are your phones rooted? If so, does the rom you have installed affect the reading of your cards? I've heard people with the cynogenmod had difficulties with reading 32gb cards. Sorry for all the questions but im planning to use my phone as my media player now and i need a large but efficient card. Dont want to waste my money though. Thank you!

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I was happy with my class 4 32 gb sandisk before I moved to my GS3. It was faster than the sandisk 16gb that I had in there before by quite a bit (no idea what class the 16 was). I have no experience with a class 10 card in my fascinate though...