32GB microSDHC card?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
is it worth getting a 32gb microsd card? will it make the phone faster or is it just for more memory?

tell you what, mail me one and i will tell you how it works!! ;)

the sd card is for storage. the only way it would change the speed of your phone would be if you got a different class card. higher class faster card.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
tell you what, mail me one and i will tell you how it works!! ;)

the sd card is for storage. the only way it would change the speed of your phone would be if you got a different class card. higher class faster card.

And that's only if the system/hardware supports the higher classes.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't spend $200 for a SD card just to possibly make the phone a little faster. Root+custom rom+overclock= FREE.. You can spend that $200 for a new phone. Having two phones will be way faster. ;)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Isn't it weird how thread titles change when I'm around? :p

Anyways, if you have some time to kill, I would get this Lexar class 10 card. It's averaging $90, through 3rd party resellers, but it's also on backorder. I ordered mine through Amazon.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
yeah i saw the 3gb, i thought do they even make a 3gb?

a class 10 for 90, oooooooooo:eek:

The OP said 3gb in his thread title and I changed it to 32, thinking that's what he meant. Now you're saying 3 also. Am I misunderstanding or are you kidding? Anyway I wish that sucker would get out of back order status, I really want it. I'm thinking it might solve some of the lag I see in Touchdown and Roadsync, because I have both programs configured to store data on the SD card instead on internal memory. Another member in the forums bought and has the Lexar and reported it performs extremely well.

etmarcr

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Checking Amazon.com now and looks like that SD card only sells with a reader for $108, but the note indicates "usually ships within 1 to 2 months"!

By the way, this is my first post and I was wondering what is a 'Nanite' ??

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that's indeed the length of time mine said too. Often times Amazon gives you these ridiculous time frames that end up being a lot sooner. Not saying it won't take that long, but if past is any indication of the future, it will be much sooner.

The label is based on post count. A nanite is 49 or less. All the various levels are in the AC Meta forum.

Thanks for becoming a member!

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey so did you guys get these cards in yet? if so, how are they performing? I transfer lots of 1-2gb size video files often and a class 10 should improve the time it takes right? Lastly, I was wondering, if comparing a 16gb vs. a 32gb, same class, same manufacturer, will it take longer for the phone to scan the disk because there is more to scan? assuming they both have 10gb filled.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I ordered mine on January 17th, and it finally shipped yesterday. It's due for delivery on Monday. I'll report back and let you know what I think. I'll be pulling out the benchmarking tools and everything ;)

Reactions: djlim4

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey so did you guys get these cards in yet? if so, how are they performing? I transfer lots of 1-2gb size video files often and a class 10 should improve the time it takes right? Lastly, I was wondering, if comparing a 16gb vs. a 32gb, same class, same manufacturer, will it take longer for the phone to scan the disk because there is more to scan? assuming they both have 10gb filled.

I haven't done any official benchmarking tests yet, but I did do a pretty large file transfer (mix of files/sizes).

You know how long it took me to transfer 22GB of data from my Lexar to my desktop? 22 minutes. You know how long it took me to transfer the same amount from my Sandisk to my desktop? 21 minutes.

Reactions: djlim4

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I have one and if anything it makes everything a little less stable. I never had to "undock" from windows before and now I do. I almost wish I never upgraded from 16GB.

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I have one and if anything it makes everything a little less stable. I never had to "undock" from windows before and now I do. I almost wish I never upgraded from 16GB.

hmm... now i'm not so gungho about finding one in stock... are you using a lexar? or do you have a 32gb from sandisk? I'm wondering if the stability issue you're talking about has anything to do with the manufacturer.
And thanks Cory for taking the time to reply about a seemingly trivial topic amidst the plethora of themes/roms/flashing issues since 2.2

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
And thanks Cory for taking the time to reply about a seemingly trivial topic amidst the plethora of themes/roms/flashing issues since 2.2

No problem at all. These cards are expensive purchases, and people should know what they are getting before they put out their hard earned money on them. My above observations were very non scientific, so I will post some results in a bit. I'll update this post when I have them.

P.S. - I've seen the Windows error above with my Sandisk also. I wouldn't let that deter you from buying one. I've seen that error on all sorts of cards in the past, and I'm not really sure what triggers it.