Never received the dl09 update

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
i have two samsung fascinates (me and my wife) and neither of us have gotten the dl09 update. is there a way to manually download the update? i'd really like to fix the GPS issue.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
about>system updates doesn't find anything just spins. I'm not rooted but I am thinking about it because i'd really like to fix the problem of the microphone being turned off when headphones are plugged in..

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
got it. it was the wifi. do you know if this update fixes the microphone being turned off while headphones are plugged in?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If WiFi off? It needs to be off to get the OTA update.

if shutting off the wifi does not work then do the following

Download the official update zip file HERE

move it to the root of your phones SD card. Rename it to update. then shut off your phone and do the following

Hold down Vol up and Vol down, while holding them press and hold power button.
Once you see the Samsung logo flash twice on the screen let go.
this will lead you into recovery mode. scroll down to apply sdcard:update.zip, then hit the home button. this will manually give you the update. when the phone restarts you will have the official update.

And yes this is the official version, otherwise applying a zip file from recovery would not work without hacking

Reactions: jk1joel

n3rdcor3

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
if shutting off the wifi does not work then do the following

Download the official update zip file HERE

move it to the root of your phones SD card. Rename it to update. then shut off your phone and do the following

Hold down Vol up and Vol down, while holding them press and hold power button.
Once you see the Samsung logo flash twice on the screen let go.
this will lead you into recovery mode. scroll down to apply sdcard:update.zip, then hit the home button. this will manually give you the update. when the phone restarts you will have the official update.

And yes this is the official version, otherwise applying a zip file from recovery would not work without hacking

After i get to recovery mode and i click on apply sdcard:update.zip i get this:

-- Instal from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I dont know whats going on.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
After i get to recovery mode and i click on apply sdcard:update.zip i get this:

-- Instal from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I dont know whats going on.

are you rooted, and did you delete or change any of the preinstalled software on your phone...

also did you move the file to the root of your SD card and rename it from "DI01_to_D09" to "update"

n3rdcor3

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
are you rooted, and did you delete or change any of the preinstalled software on your phone...

also did you move the file to the root of your SD card and rename it from "DI01_to_D09" to "update"

i followed the steps to the T. As far as the rooted goes im not sure. Ok here is a quick play by play. I rooted then i de-bloated (changed the .apk to .apk.old) and de-binged then i flashed a new rom via rom manager. After that it went nuts. I could no longer use any of the apps that require root after that. I also lost the superuser icon after i flashed the rom. I didnt get any errors during the reset. I assumed that i had successfully flashed the new rom. Everyone was saying that i had lost root. I then followed the steps to root again. On the step of Cory's post where it says ./adb shell, when i hit enter it says bash 4.1# no ones seems to know what that means. Anyways i restarted my phone again and i was able to use file explore to change the bloatware back to .apk. I restarted my phone. I now have all the bloatware and bing back but none of the root only apps work again. I tried to root again doing the same thing and it does the same thing at the ./adb shell part. I tried to unroot and it just has an error.

So to tell you the truth i have no idea wether or not im rooted or if i have a stock rom. I have just about given up.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i followed the steps to the T. As far as the rooted goes im not sure. Ok here is a quick play by play. I rooted then i de-bloated (changed the .apk to .apk.old) and de-binged then i flashed a new rom via rom manager. After that it went nuts. I could no longer use any of the apps that require root after that. I also lost the superuser icon after i flashed the rom. I didnt get any errors during the reset. I assumed that i had successfully flashed the new rom. Everyone was saying that i had lost root. I then followed the steps to root again. On the step of Cory's post where it says ./adb shell, when i hit enter it says bash 4.1# no ones seems to know what that means. Anyways i restarted my phone again and i was able to use file explore to change the bloatware back to .apk. I restarted my phone. I now have all the bloatware and bing back but none of the root only apps work again. I tried to root again doing the same thing and it does the same thing at the ./adb shell part. I tried to unroot and it just has an error.

So to tell you the truth i have no idea wether or not im rooted or if i have a stock rom. I have just about given up.

sounds to me at some point you may have changed kernels and even if you are truley back to stock you may have a different kernel .....why dont you just use odin to flash back to DI01 stock and then do the over the air update.....

sounds like you are using a mac so from what i hear you need something called bootcamp to use odin. research it

Reactions: n3rdcor3

n3rdcor3

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah im working on getting a copy of windows to use with bootcamp. Ill try odin when I get that up and running. Im sure I'll have more questions when I get that going hahaha. Thanks for all the help.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2